Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 162

Thread: Tomlin wanted Vick in Pgh

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Excuse me. But not everyone is going to assume the Bible is the word of God. Who decided that? Because dogs are not mentioned in the Bible means we can torture them? My GOD, that's crazy. The Bible was written by men, and it was edited and changes 100s of times. And the story of Jesus is almost exactly the same as the story of Horus, supposedly lived 1000s of years before Jesus, had 12 disciples, born of a virgin mother, was son of God, etc.
    Ok, How abou the Quran? The Injeel? The Psalms? The Pentu (sp?? Jewish scriptures) I agree with what you say about the MANY remixes of the Bible, the story of Jesus (some things WERE plagiarized). I agree. However, SOME truth remains. The fact still remains that Dogs play a role in this realm but NO role in the FOREVER realm. In fact God has said that Animals were put here for mankind- a Mercy.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If Tomlin had truly decided that he wanted Vick on the team, I believe that Vick would have been a Steeler...

    But, I think that, after careful consideration of all of the factors (Vick's record, Dungy's endorsement, Roethlisberger's legal problems and the Rooneys' opinion), Tomlin decided to pass...

    The HC considered every option to make the team better and came to the decision that the Vick option was not the right one at that time...

    That's pretty much exactly what I want my HC and my organization to do...
    As I recall at the Time Tomlin stated that adding Vick wouldnt be fair to Ben. He said "I'm standing by Ben" or something to that effect

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yes they did. What did they end up getting for him? A 6th rounder? You call that getting "something for him?" How many 6th round picks end up making the team, let alone, producing? It just so happened that they traded him within days of Holmes getting busted for weed again? That was just a coincidence? The Steelers were reeling from the Ben scandal. They were suffering from massive PR problems with Ben alone, and then Holmes rolls up with the lettuce? They traded him to make a stand: This team was not full of hoods, and if it has some, their acts will not be tolerated; either they will be sent packing or go under some disciplinary action, such as the program Ben was on. Now, Holmes upcoming contract _COULD_ have made the decision to trade him more of a no-brainer, to that I will agree. But the weed is what caused the move to happen.
    PLUS 1000. Accurate post

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I totally don't see it that way. MT has limited powers, IMO. I don't think he would make such a large call as bringing on someone as polarizing as Vick without the Rooneys making the final call. That is way too massive of a decision that could impact the franchise, good or bad, in such a colossal manner. I have seen evidence that MT has less power than did Cowher. For instance, a lot of the coaches sent packing were not MT's decisions. I don't think MT has more than just a partial say in the draft; he gets to put his two cents in, but I think Art2 is making the call, especially on early picks.
    Tomlin has less power? PROVE THAT. I think whoever Tomlin wants to draft HE DRAFTS. Same with Cowher. Cowher would draft lots of white guys. Tomlin does NOT. Is that the Rooneys or Tomlin? I say its TOMLIN and proof that HE HAS POWER.

  5. #105
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I'm not saying that what Vick did is somehow more acceptable...

    I'm saying that, if you are truly against the mistreatment of animals, than both are unacceptable...

    Your bear analogy would make more sense if the Grizzly bears kept a stable of humans locked up in inhumane conditions and then periodically slaughtered some of them in a cruel manner for food...

    It may be part of the food chain, but there is nothing sportsmanlike or accidental about the meat industry...
    Actually, I'm not against the bear incident. That is an act of survival. That is an act of animal instincts. Was it cruel? Yes. With that being said, it's human nature and animal nature to do what is necessary for survival.

    I can't control the way cows are killed... can you? I don't own a farm or know anyone that does... specifically for meat purposes...

    Going back to the Vick reference...

    Vick murdering dogs because of poor dog fighting performance would be equal to the MGM Grand executing a boxer for bad performance.

  6. #106
    No way Tomlin was just handed the power that took Cowher x nbr of yrs to accumulate. He may have more say than most, but no way he has the veto power of a Rooney.

  7. #107
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Ok, How abou the Quran? The Injeel? The Psalms? The Pentu (sp?? Jewish scriptures) I agree with what you say about the MANY remixes of the Bible, the story of Jesus (some things WERE plagiarized). I agree. However, SOME truth remains. The fact still remains that Dogs play a role in this realm but NO role in the FOREVER realm. In fact God has said that Animals were put here for mankind- a Mercy.
    I believe in the paranormal and psychic mediums do see dog owners with their dogs.

  8. #108
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Tomlin has less power? PROVE THAT. I think whoever Tomlin wants to draft HE DRAFTS. Same with Cowher. Cowher would draft lots of white guys. Tomlin does NOT. Is that the Rooneys or Tomlin? I say its TOMLIN and proof that HE HAS POWER.
    Why is Art 2 sit right at the very draft table during the draft that MT does? Is he just telling jokes and eating ice cream and making animal balloons? Art has final say. He overruled Cowher on the Ben pick, as BC wanted the OT who went to Philly instead. Had BC got his way, we'd have never got Ben and would be minus 2 more rings. No way does MT have more power than BC did.

  9. #109
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I believe in the paranormal and psychic mediums do see dog owners with their dogs.
    I hope my life time dogs get along with each other in the afterlife. My current one is one hell of a trouble maker and could be a problem with my other dogs, big time, for eternity. That would be bad.

  10. #110
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I heard Tonkin didn't want DeCastro because he was white but Colbert and Rooney over ruled him.
    It wouldn't be the first time Rooney overruled Tomlin.... Prime example is when Rooney had to fire Arians.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •