Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Stats Prove It..

Hybrid View

Hall of Famer

The Stats Prove It..

The Steelers are a 45 minute offense. They are ranked 2nd in the NFL for time of possession in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters with more than 60% share of possession (1st in overall average TOP).

But as everyone has witnessed, the Steelers rank 18th in the 4th quarter with a near 50% share of possession.

And along the same theme, the defense is ranked 17th, 8th, 16th, and 26th, in opponent scoring by 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Steelers are a 45 minute offense. They are ranked 2nd in the NFL for time of possession in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters with more than 60% share of possession (1st in overall average TOP).

But as everyone has witnessed, the Steelers rank 18th in the 4th quarter with a near 50% share of possession.

And along the same theme, the defense is ranked 17th, 8th, 16th, and 26th, in opponent scoring by 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.
    That's pathetic. Our running game is not consistent and that hurts us in the 4th quarter. Unless our RBs break 2 tackles behind the line of scrimmage, they are screwed.

Our defense....well, they need help everywhere.

Stats don't prove anything, here is what the facts tell us:

Game 1 @ Denver: Steelers 19, Broncos 14 with 14:15 to go

Game 2 vs. Jets: Steelers enter 4th with 20-10 lead, win game 27-10

Game 3 @ Raiders: Steelers lead 31-21 going into the 4th and lose 34-31

This tells me that the Steelers offense can get a lead - they just don't have a way of closing it out. That is more on the Oline and the running game.

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post

This tells me that the Steelers offense can get a lead - they just don't have a way of closing it out. That is more on the Oline and the running game.

this also tells me that the defense can't hold onto a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, you can't let them off the hook either. the offense scored 31 points, that should be enough points to win with...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    this also tells me that the defense can't hold onto a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, you can't let them off the hook either. the offense scored 31 points, that should be enough points to win with...
    Exactly. I can't place blame on a offense that put up 31 points. Granted, the fumbling has to stop. I also won't dispute that the run blocking has been poor and that certainly doesn't help when trying to close out games.

With that being said... you won't win many games in this league if your defense allows 34 points.

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post

I wonder if the success that Brady, Maning, Rodgers and Brees have is attributed to their offensive lines and running games? NOT.
    Its due to elite play by the quarterbacks. They consistently put up a lot of points. They are buttholes. i.e they play with a chip on their shoulders, meaning KILLER INSTINCT. Ben doesnt have killer instinct. He is TOO NICE. If Seymour did to the aformentioned others, what he did to Ben, then there would be a BRAWL

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    I wonder if the success that Brady, Maning, Rodgers and Brees have is attributed to their offensive lines and running games? NOT.
    Its due to elite play by the quarterbacks. They consistently put up a lot of points. They are buttholes. i.e they play with a chip on their shoulders, meaning KILLER INSTINCT. Ben doesnt have killer instinct. He is TOO NICE. If Seymour did to the aformentioned others, what he did to Ben, then there would be a BRAWL
    Ben's a killer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Backup
    The offense scored 31 points vs the RAIDERS lol. If Mendenhall ran for 200 yards vs the Raiders you all would be saying "Dont get ahead of yourself. Its just the Raiders"

The offense scored 31 points vs the RAIDERS lol. If Mendenhall ran for 200 yards vs the Raiders you all would be saying "Dont get ahead of yourself. Its just the Raiders"
    No, if Mendenhall ran for 200 on the Raiders we would all be saying....."That was a nice road win."

Hall of Famer
    All mighty Peyton came up with 37 points against Raiders at home. Are you also going to LOL at that??? Well Raiders Offense came up with 7 points though.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE