Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin expects both linebacker James Harrison and safety Troy Polamalu to play Sunday when the team hosts the Philadelphia Eagles.

Harrison hasn't played this season as he recovers from arthroscopic surgery on his knee, while Polamalu has missed two straight games with a strained right calf.

"Based on what I am looking at on how we worked [Monday] I think that is a safe assessment," Tomlin said on the team's website. "We will watch these guys as we proceed throughout the week. All guys have performed well and were able to get through practice and we're optimistic that they're going to be full participants."

In addition, running back Rashard Mendenhall, who tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during Pittsburgh's final game of the 2011 regular season, could make his season debut Sunday.

"Coming off the bye, I think it's been a productive bye for us," Tomlin said. "We've had the opportunity to work on some elements that we feel like need to be addressed in all three phases. At the same time we were able to get some of our injured men back."

[url]http://www.bradenton.com/2012/10/02/4223580/steelers-harrison-polamalu-expected.html#storylink=cpy[/url]