Thread: Finally, A Stat where the Steelers Lead the League...almost

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Finally, A Stat where the Steelers Lead the League...almost

Ranked 2nd in the league in penalties per game at 9.3 (Dallas 10.3).

Seriously though, I haven't seen this lack of discipline on a Steelers team in quite a while. And this is something that is completely on the coaching staff.

The bright side? ... the Steelers are only 17th in penalty yards per penalty (8.6 yds) meaning they aren't getting the killer PIs that result in huge gains.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 10-01-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

Seriously though, I haven't seen this lack of discipline on a Steelers team in quite a while. And this is something that is completely on the coaching staff.

The bright side? ... the Steelers are only 17th in penalty yards per penalty (8.6 yds) meaning they aren't getting the killer PIs that result in huge gains.
    Depends on how you look at it...

We were the BEST at having the WORST rushing attack but Oakland (yup, oakland) officially took the 32nd spot. We are now 31st.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Starter

User Info Menu

I pride myself not to get too emotional and have a sky is falling attitude after every game but it was a rare sick and empty feeling when it was 4th and 1 deep in Steeler territory.

I was spoiled in the past by thinking the Steelers could punt and play the game of field position because eventually the D would hold or even push back the field position in the Steelers favor.

With the gaping running lanes and minimal pressure besides Wood I could only hope we get James and Troy back healthy ASAP.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Many of those penalties were undeserved and completely on the scab officials..

Legend

User Info Menu

You have to be near the receiver to get a PI call, just sayin.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    You have to be near the receiver to get a PI call, just sayin.

Pappy
    Pappy, you are obviously forgetting the PI on Ike in the Jets game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Pappy, you are obviously forgetting the PI on Ike in the Jets game.
    Beat me to it!

Legend

User Info Menu

that's only because we no longer have Kemo on the team...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

If we had less penalties, could we have won against Denver and Oakland?

Oakland yes. There was a punt return called back and a 4th down for Oakland that gave them a 1st down and then a score. That's a 14 pt swing.

I can't remember a penalty that would have made a difference in the Denver game. Anyone?