Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF, this still bothers me about DL's "system."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Troy's First Hand Knowledge > Message Board Gurus
    Just because a player says something doesn't mean it's true. If players were always right, we wouldn't even need coaches. Some players are as dumb as a sack of hammers. They are just physically gifted, but not always smart. Just because TP asserts this doesn't mean it's 100% infallible. By the way, I don't think TP is stupid, but I also don't think he is all-knowing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Just because a player says something doesn't mean it's true. If players were always right, we wouldn't even need coaches. Some players are as dumb as a sack of hammers. They are just physically gifted, but not always smart. Just because TP asserts this doesn't mean it's 100% infallible. By the way, I don't think TP is stupid, but I also don't think he is all-knowing.
    So we should take your word over Troy's???

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    We cant afford to play b&r when our LB's cant pressure the QB. That cushion is needed to assure we dont give up 6 in one play. When our LB's get some pressure going and throw the QB out of rhythm, then we will play with a little less of a cushion.
    Look up for the answer
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have never seen anyone have such a fascination with the word "assertion".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Attachment 660

Look out everyone! LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!!
    Made me laugh. Thanks Joos.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Is the fascination with "assertion" or "insertion"?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    Don't worry Eddie: You can still look up words in something called a "dictionary." What was long and hard on Eddie? 3rd grade.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    So we should take your word over Troy's???
    My "word?" I didn't know anyone even had the capability of giving their "word" on an Internet message board. Are you on any kind of medication? Giving one's opinion on a message board is hardly any sort of promise, whatsoever. I am confused by your mode of thought.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish our defense was as agressive attacking our opponents as some some posters are with each other. We'd be undefeated right now.

Nothing here is important enough to attack another poster over or make it personal...really!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Well, you can see that the Steelers understand how to burn when CBs play way off; as we saw so far this season, Ben hits wide outs quick whenever they are giving up a huge cushion.

So, apparently, the Steeler are aware of how to burn such soft coverage. So why is it, that when on D, Pgh also plays way off WRs too many times, in my opinion. I never understood why DL has CB coverage play so far off the wide outs. Is he really that paranoid of getting toasted? If our CBs are that terrible, then f----g find new ones? You mean after 12 years, they have still FAILED to find a single decent CB who can play tight coverage? Something is FAIL here. Either they are completely incompetent at finding CB talent, or the system is gamed to be so damned scared to be beat deep that they never can play tight. I don't get it. And, no I don't buy that DL's systems is so complex that the regular guy can't grasp it. This is football, not NASA. F that excuse.
    We have played a lot more bump and run since the 2010 playoff run. Probably more than we played than any time in the last 10 seasons. It was bump and run for many of the big plays in the playoff game in Denver last season. There was quite a bit of bump and run late in the game against Oakland two weeks ago. In the last two years, Troy has been playing a lot more cover 2 style safety. Before that he was in the box more, so we had to play more cover 3 which dictates that the CBs must play off so nothing gets behind them.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.