Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: can we stop using the term 'splash' play?

Legend

User Info Menu

we need some more spittin

and choking AFCCs at home

Yaaaaaarrrrrrr

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    They have had a hard time defending every blade of grass
    They are struggling to defend any one blade of grass, let alone every blade of grass.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

This thread is below the line.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

"Quite frankly, when it comes to wins you can throw style points out the window. this is classic AFC North warfare, big men on blades of grass. the most violent team is going to win..."

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the people that know and post on this board understand that there is a fine line between drinking wine and squashing grapes. Obviously, last weekend we were grape-squashers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Let me tell everyone; you win as a team, you lose as a team. In this next game the intangibles will be the key. All they have to do is go out and take care of business. They have to dig deep. They have to crank it up. They have to pull out all the stops. They have to circle the wagons. We've still got plenty of football left.

Legend

User Info Menu

In a high-pitched, squealy voice, "What’s that? Ah — Splash Plays? Don’t talk about — Splash Plays? You kidding me? Splash Plays? I just hope we can win a game! Another game !! "

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I love splash plays...

now this is a splash post...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    What's the issue? Honestly it's not a term unique to Mike Tomlin. I've heard it on the regular since starting organized sports when i was like 5 years old. Strange thread is strange.

well, ive never heard it before and ive been around sports for 35+ years.
    i just think that it is funny how fans embrace something made up like this just because they are fans of a team or coach.
    i can only imagine how many 'fans' would be saying 'We havent made many jammykazookieboolahlah plays lately', just because tomlin made it up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    well, ive never heard it before and ive been around sports for 35+ years.
    i just think that it is funny how fans embrace something made up like this just because they are fans of a team or coach.
    i can only imagine how many 'fans' would be saying 'We havent made many jammykazookieboolahlah plays lately', just because tomlin made it up.
    Some coach coined the term "blitz", some coach coined the term "shotgun formation", some coach coined the term "nickel defense", etc. We should stop using all of these terms because some random coach just made them up at one point.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.