Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How embarrassed is...

Backup

User Info Menu

How embarrassed is...

D!ck LeBeau and the Steelers Defense???

Opening Day vs the Chargers, the Raiders scored 14 pts at home.

Week #2, the Fins put up 35 points, thrashing the happless Raiders by 22.

Yesterday the Broncos crushed the Raiders by 31.

Yet, inexplicably, the Steelers had all kinds of problems stopping a team that couldn't
    manage 34 points in the other 3 games they played.

Is this a sign that the Steelers Defense is truly OLD, SLOW, and Completely DONE, or
    was it just a bad day??

I truly believe that if Troy and James had been playing, it would have been different.

However, that defensive preformance was the WORST that I have EVER seen!!!

The Steelers Defense $h!t the bed for 5 straight possessions, allowing the Raiders
    to erase 7 and 10 pt leads, throughout the game.

I'm worried...if the Steelers couldn't stop the Raiders from scoring 34, 34 are you
    kidding me, 34, than who are they going to stop???

Absolutley pathetic!!

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

I would really like to think we just had a couple "bad days" but I think the roots of the problem are deeper than that.

Personally, I really don't think LeBeau is embarassed at all because he doesn't think anything is really wrong that a few adjustments won't fix. He'll never believe that his "baby is ugly" but the past is the past.

As far as Troy and Harrison playing, I really don't think we see Harrison again this season if at all. Troy may be back but do we really think he won't be injured again? If the defense won't work without those two we do have a problem because they won't be around much longer and LeBeau appears to have no "Plan B" when they can't play.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yes, the defense is that bad.

Even when we played the Jets, I wasn't particularly impressed. When Sanchez wasn't sucking, he was torching us with Holmes... in the 1st quarter.

The Jets scored a whopping ZERO points against the 49ers.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Every team goes through problems. This team WILL fix it, like they always do.

Unlike the 49ers, we spent alot of money on offense. We try to have a balanced team with good players on O and D.
    The 49ers have opted for D and a good running game.
    ....49ers still have little hope of a Super Bowl.

How you beat the Jets is irrelevant as long as you do. But can you also beat the other teams you need to get to glory? The Steelers showed they can periodically, while other teams haven't.

Also, today is not tomorrow in the NFL. You think the Cardinals are really going towards some playoff run because they are 4-0. How often does a team start 6-0 or even 8-0 and totally flame out. Good programs rectify problems as they go.

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay...we lost games to the Broncos and Raiders. Because the Broncos destroyed the Raiders yesterday, I'm supposed to feel worse somehow? What if the Raiders destroyed the Broncos instead...would that be just as embarrassing to the D as well? Is it somehow supposed to be better if the two teams that we lost to had a relatively evenly matched game? I don't get it. The NFL is a completely different monster week-to-week. How teams do against other teams in any given week doesn't mean much when compared to when you play them when you factor in injuries, where the games are played, how your strengths match up with their weakness and vice versa, etc.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I read a stat that in the other 3 games the raiders played they haven't totaled what they scored against the steelers

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Okay...we lost games to the Broncos and Raiders. Because the Broncos destroyed the Raiders yesterday, I'm supposed to feel worse somehow? What if the Raiders destroyed the Broncos instead...would that be just as embarrassing to the D as well? Is it somehow supposed to be better if the two teams that we lost to had a relatively evenly matched game? I don't get it. The NFL is a completely different monster week-to-week. How teams do against other teams in any given week doesn't mean much when compared to when you play them when you factor in injuries, where the games are played, how your strengths match up with their weakness and vice versa, etc.
    How much fun is that, though?

Wouldn't you rather read the EXACT SAME COMPLAINT for the 4,368,271st time that LeBeau is past his prime, that he's stubborn, that we need to change defensive schemes, that we haven't drafted suitable replacements for injured and old players, that we haven't drafted well at all, that the defense should be blamed instead of the offense, blah blah blah...

(BTW, I actually concur with some of that stuff, but on the infrequent occasion when I post, I don't feel the need to voice the EXACT SAME COMPLAINT in every thread.)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msp26505 View Post
    How much fun is that, though?

Wouldn't you rather read the EXACT SAME COMPLAINT for the 4,368,271st time that LeBeau is past his prime, that he's stubborn, that we need to change defensive schemes, that we haven't drafted suitable replacements for injured and old players, that we haven't drafted well at all, that the defense should be blamed instead of the offense, blah blah blah...

(BTW, I actually concur with some of that stuff, but on the infrequent occasion when I post, I don't feel the need to voice the EXACT SAME COMPLAINT in every thread.)
    you keep seeing the same complaints because we keep seeing the same thing over and over again...

when every other defense in the league knows how to stop the Raiders but us it's troubling IMO...

I'm still waiting for a DB to break up a pass....

Rookie

User Info Menu

If the D is embarrassed, it is because they played poorly and the game was lost as a result...

I, personally, don't care how other teams perform against each other with the exception of how it affects playoff seedings and the occasional curiosity...

As a Steelers fan, it doesn't matter to me what the Raiders did or against whom, for the most part...and I would hope that the Steelers feel the same way...

Just take care of your own business...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm still waiting for a DB to break up a pass....
    Think of the times we run a blitz (e.g. that one where the ILB's cross)... when the blitz doesn't get home, how many times can you remember the QB throwing an incomplete pass? In other words, when the blitz is picked up (which happens more than you'd like), does our coverage ever step up to make a play? I can't recall.