Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worilds, and Carter are...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    I will again be the voice of dissent. I don't equate Carter and Worilds. I think Worilds is clearly the superior talent. Worilds has 6 career sacks and numerous pressures. Carter has zero career sacks and three career tackles. When I look at both of them, it is clear to me Worilds has the most physical ability. Carter is the starter and getting most of the playing time. I don't chart the plays but Worilds is playing less but still has made more plays this year than Carter has. The main thing hindering Worilds is the chronic wrist or other injuries and he didn't get much of a training camp and probably couldn't condition as well as he needed. If he could only overcome this and get going with legit playing time, I think he could become an answer is this defense. But that is still in the air.

This idea that some rookie, like Robinson, will come in and become the salvation is probably misguided. Although I wouldn't mind seeing the guy a little. I think I would prefer him to Carter, who has never grabbed me as much as he has some other people. I think Carter is a fringe NFL talent. But I'll still hold out some hope that he can come along a bit.
    I agree about Worilds. His greatest deficiency for many is his name isn't Sean Lee. However, they play two different positions. Lee is an ILB and Worilds is an OLB. When we drafted we didn't need an ILB but we needed depth at OLB.

Worilds will be a solid replacement for Harrison. He isn't a superstar but he can get after the QB way better than Carter.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree about Worilds. His greatest deficiency for many is his name isn't Sean Lee. However, they play two different positions. Lee is an ILB and Worilds is an OLB. When we drafted we didn't need an ILB but we needed depth at OLB.
    I thought the Steelers subscribed to the philosophy of drafting the BPA instead of drafting for need?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha