Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Noot looking good for Harrison's knee

Legend

User Info Menu

Noot looking good for Harrison's knee

It was a bye week for his teammates. For linebacker James Harrison, it turned into a goodbye week.

The hope that the 5 time Pro Bowl linebacker expressed about the condition of his left knee after practicing Tuesday, turnd to disaapointment Wednesday when he left the Steelers training facility before practice becasue his knee bothered him.

"It's a little bit of a setback", said agen Bill Parise, who spoke to harrison after he went home. "Hopefully it's not somthein that will derail out plans."

The knee's adverse reaction to his second full practice of the year does not bode well.

Rest of the story:

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-harrison-suffers-another-setback-654988/#ixzz27h5mrM85[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    It was a bye week for his teammates. For linebacker James Harrison, it turned into a goodbye week.

The hope that the 5 time Pro Bowl linebacker expressed about the condition of his left knee after practicing Tuesday, turnd to disaapointment Wednesday when he left the Steelers training facility before practice becasue his knee bothered him.

"It's a little bit of a setback", said agen Bill Parise, who spoke to harrison after he went home. "Hopefully it's not somthein that will derail out plans."

The knee's adverse reaction to his second full practice of the year does not bode well.

Rest of the story:

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-harrison-suffers-another-setback-654988/#ixzz27h5mrM85[/URL]
    There are rumblings that he will need microfracture surgery. Nothing official yet, but it is noooooot looking good.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh F-ck. There goes the season. Next. I guess we could start looking into the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not surprising. I know that several posters have said that his "bull rush" technique against much larger OTs would catch up with him eventually. I never bought that he was a "young 30" or that his body didn't have a lot of "wear and tear."

It's a shame if it ends this way but I don't think the Steelers could afford to take the risk and bring him back unless it is at a reduced slaray.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If this is it for James, the question is, where does he rank in your all time favorite Steeler? If he is done, he might not have had enough seasons to displace Greg Lloyd as my all time favorite ever. But he was on his way to the top of my list. Maybe not now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    If this is it for James, the question is, where does he rank in your all time favorite Steeler? If he is done, he might not have had enough seasons to displace Greg Lloyd as my all time favorite ever. But he was on his way to the top of my list. Maybe not now.
    Lloyd is my 1a (Ward 1b). And when Harrison was REALLY wreaking havoc a few years back, it seemed sure that he would surpass #95 in Steeler fans hearts. I'm like you; he may fall just short. I don't really differentiate though after 1a/1b. He didn't make it there.

That being said, he still may be back this year. Heck, let's not get crazy... he may still be back next Sunday. Of course, he's done long-term with the team, but for this year? Let's not fold up his tent yet.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Lloyd is my 1a (Ward 1b). And when Harrison was REALLY wreaking havoc a few years back, it seemed sure that he would surpass #95 in Steeler fans hearts. I'm like you; he may fall just short. I don't really differentiate though after 1a/1b. He didn't make it there.
    As far as LBs go, Harrison is past Joey Porter and up there with Lloyd, IMO...

I think Harrison is as good a pass rusher as either one but better against the run than both...

And, let us not forget the small matter of the longest scoring play in Super Bowl history...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

pretty depressing to think we will never see #92 never wear the colors again.

never see another one like him with the rules the way they are now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    There are rumblings that he will need microfracture surgery. Nothing official yet, but it is noooooot looking good.
    IMO, if Harrison needs microfracture surgery, he's done. It's difficult for a young player to fully recover let alone a 34 year old LB.

Backup

User Info Menu

His knee must be junk. He doesn't even com close to my all time favorite Steeler LB's. Well maybe kind of close.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]