Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers’ run game off to worst start in 62 years

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Someone is a Stopplayn hater.
    Not true! A hater wouldn't tell you that you're brilliant...

This post is textual (and visual) proof that I support my opinions with jpegs...

Starter

User Info Menu

From what I understand,Mendenhall is expected to play Sunday against the Eagles.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    From what I understand,Mendenhall is expected to play Sunday against the Eagles.
    Rashard Mendenhall ready for return to Steelers

By Kareem Copeland
    Published: Oct. 1, 2012

Running back Rashard Mendenhall is set to return to the Pittsburgh Steelers this week after ACL surgery in January. His return has been much-anticipated as the Steelers ranked the No. 31 rushing offense in the NFL.

The Steelers host the Philadelphia Eagles this Sunday.

"I'm really just waiting on my opportunity," Mendenhall recently told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I just want to continue to work and, as we as an offense sort of form ourselves and bring the pieces together, I want to bring whatever piece I bring.

"But we struggled as a running game early in the season last year, and that's part of it. We just want to continue to grow and, as long as we get better and not worse, that's what we want to do. But we see it from a different light -- we see how close we are (to breaking out) so we just will keep working."

Mendenhall rushed for 1,100 yards in 2009 and 1,200 yards in 2010. Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer haven't been very effective as replacement backs.

"Getting (Mendenhall) back is really going to help us," offensive lineman Doug Legursky said. "Not that the other two backs haven't done a good job because they have, but Rashard's explosion, his speed and his experience will really just add to it and make us that much better. He is one of those guys who is able to press the hole and he is also just speed around the edge where nobody is going to catch him.

"That makes him a dangerous piece to our offense, and we're excited about getting him back."

Mendenhall tore his ACL during the 2011 regular-season finale against the Cleveland Browns. The Steelers now will have more talent at the position, but Mendenhall admitted all of his speed and cutting ability has not returned. He also hasn't played in new offensive coordinator Todd Haley's scheme. There will be a transitional period.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000068287/article/rashard-mendenhall-ready-for-return-to-steelers[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think mendy will be a real asset for haleys screen game. He has always displayed good hands.

perfect to slow down phillys pass rush.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I think mendy will be a real asset for haleys screen game. He has always displayed good hands.

I agree Mendy was always under used in the passing game. I hope people don'e expect too much from right at first.He's coming back from a serious injury rather quickly,and on top of that I imagine he'll be rather rusty.

Legend

User Info Menu

Completely agree with you...frightening!!!!!

I think Mendy can thrive under Haley
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

good point.

they need him to play big though. Hope he can.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Completely agree with you...frightening!!!!!

I think Mendy can thrive under Haley
    it seems like the timing was always off under BA for one reason or another in the screen game, it seems better under haley. Lets hope it continues.

Legend

User Info Menu

it seems like the timing was always off under BA for one reason or another in the screen game, it seems better under haley. Lets hope it continues.
    I actually think the developing screen game is where we may miss DeCastro the most with his mobility and athleticism. This is one area that may help Mendy earn a new contract with the Steelers because he has the hands, the speed and the moves in space. He may be able to rip off some big plays the rest of the way.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I won't argue that at all.

that has always been Fosters biggest weakness. He struggles in space and lumbers. If he could pull like DD, he would go to the pro bowl.

considering how the other backs performed, mendy will get a reasonable offer from the steelers if he plays well. His agent has to be happy.