Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers’ run game off to worst start in 62 years

Backup

User Info Menu

The offensive line's run blocking is AN issue....not THE issue. These fill ins are simply future journeyman that can't start.....won't start.
    Mendy can't hurt. This offense is potent, and adding a good solid RB isnt' doin no harm. JMO.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Jamaal Charles had 233 yrds rushing last week, eclipsing our team total through 3 games in his one game outing.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Redman, especially is really slow. Dwyer looks quick compared to Redman but he is no speed demon either. Both of these guys are sub-backs. They need someone else to wear the defense down before they come in fresh and then they could maybe do something better. Mendenhall is needed to make the run game go. He can tire out the defense by chasing him to the edge and then when Redman or Dwyer come in, they can use their size or power to be a little more effective.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Jamaal Charles had 233 yrds rushing last week, eclipsing our team total through 3 games in his one game outing.
    I think there are several players who have surpassed or are close to our team total...CJ Spiller included.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think there are several players who have surpassed or are close to our team total...CJ Spiller included.
    In 1 game?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Backup

User Info Menu

The Steeler Nation got down on Mendenhall after the Bin Laden comments. He was hated after that. Everyone forgot that he was a tremendous talent. Everyone cried for Redman. I told all that Redman limits our playbook. He is too slow to run counters, powers, sweeps etc so we have to throw out a lot of the playbook when he is in. When Mendy got hurt some fans were happy.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    The Steeler Nation got down on Mendenhall after the Bin Laden comments. He was hated after that. Everyone forgot that he was a tremendous talent. Everyone cried for Redman. I told all that Redman limits our playbook. He is too slow to run counters, powers, sweeps etc so we have to throw out a lot of the playbook when he is in. When Mendy got hurt some fans were happy.
    Yes, you're so brilliant!!

Your photo in real life:
    Vizzini-Princess-Bride1.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    In 1 game?

Week #1: 169 yards
    Week #2: 123 yards
    Week #3: 16 yards then injured
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup