Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dee Dub's first 2013 Steelers draft!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Timmons HAS excelled in this system...

The question is, why is he not exceptional now? Is he doing something different on his own? Or, is he not being used in the same manner as when he excelled?
    Timmons hasn't really excelled at anything since he's been a full time starter. He was a very good situational player when he split time w/ Foote.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Sean Lee would look good manning the middle of the field for us......but hey, we got Jason Worilds. No, I am not a Penn State fan, and no, I won't let it go.
    Jason Worilds reminds me a lot of....... Lawrence Timmons. Maybe the Steelers will move Worilds to ILB so that way he can take years to develop (like Timmons) and that will allow us to forget that he was a bust (like Timmons).

In Worilds defense, at least he has shown some blitzing skills.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Personally, I like the 4-3.
    OMG, really? we would have never known that...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    OMG, really? we would have never known that...
    Got to stay on message. It produces results. Notice the increase in the number of posters questioning our defense and the increased number talking about the 4-3. Even if it is begruding, give credit where it is due

We are now really starting to have discussions about our defense and the future of it versus blindly accepting that the status quo will be here forever.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Got to stay on message. It produces results. Notice the increase in the number of posters questioning our defense and the increased number talking about the 4-3. Even if it is begruding, give credit where it is due

We are now really starting to have discussions about our defense and the future of it versus blindly accepting that the status quo will be here forever.
    Your message has nothing to do with it, though...

Questions always come after poor defensive performances...

Not that you shouldn't feel free to wish and hope for a 4-3 alignment...nor should you stop advocating for it on the board...

This topic is just the beneficiary of the suckage of the Steelers' D...

Legend

User Info Menu

Your message has nothing to do with it, though...

Questions always come after poor defensive performances...

Not that you shouldn't feel free to wish and hope for a 4-3 alignment...nor should you stop advocating for it on the board...

This topic is just the beneficiary of the suckage of the Steelers' D...

Don't be such a "Debbie Downer" so close to the weekend. It's all about ME!!!

BTW that last part is my Mike Wallace imitation!!!

Rest assured I will continue to be a 4-3 advocate. You can't have a Steel Curtain with a 3 man DL because that is nothing more than an aluminum mini-blind!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Oviedo; 09-28-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Timmons hasn't really excelled at anything since he's been a full time starter. He was a very good situational player when he split time w/ Foote.
    I don't know about that. I thought Timmons was an animal in 2010 and was going nowhere but up. Instead he has deflated like a week old birthday balloon.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I don't know about that. I thought Timmons was an animal in 2010 and was going nowhere but up. Instead he has deflated like a week old birthday balloon.
    And, the question is, why?

Is it something he did (or is doing)? Or, is it something that he is being coached to do/schemed not to do?

Legend

User Info Menu

And, the question is, why?

Is it something he did (or is doing)? Or, is it something that he is being coached to do/schemed not to do?
    My vote is the latter.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I dunno. To me, looks like he has INFLATED...and maybe that's part of the problem. He's bulked up, but perhaps that's slowed him down enough to dampen his effectiveness.