Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dee Dub's first 2013 Steelers draft!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    No. Like maybe when we drafted 15 and could have had Darelle Revis, Patrick Willis, Leon Hall.
    the only one of those three players you mentioned that was still available when we drafted at 1(15) was CB Leon Hall who went at #18 to the Bengals...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Maybe we could trade Timmons (to a 4-3 team of course) and our first and second picks to move up from 32 to 15 and get Te'o.

Or maybe he could drop to 24 (like DeCastro whom some probably had going as high as 15) and we can trade Timmons and our #32 to move up to 24 and get him.

Or maybe we'll get lucky and he'll smoke a little pot right before the combine and drop to us at #32. Then we could trade Timmons to move up in the 2nd round and get another future Pro Bowl guard to replace Colon.

Then having dumped Timmons and Colon, and lost Harrison, maybe we can resign Wallace, Mendenhall, and even a playmaking FA SS to be Troy's eventual replacement and use the 3rd Rd pick on the best remaining safety.

Maybe.

Or we could put our Defensive Coord out to pasture and let Timmons play our newly installed 4-3 right here. Trading Timmons is laughable. The defense's failures are now apparently all Timmons fault but never the guy in charge.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LOVE T'eo Dub. Was actually hoping he came out last year. Love to see him here. I think this is what happens. The Steelers will release James Harrison after the season. There #1 target in the 1st will be an OLB. May even use picks to go up and get the one they like. Jarvis Jones? There may be 6-8 3-4 OLB prospects by the time it is all said and done. In the 2nd, I think we will see the S we have been waiting for. Maybe a kid like McDonald or Reid is around in the 2nd. I also think Foote & Hampton will no longer be on this roster. Just my feel at this point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Manti Te'o played his high school ball right here in Hawaii for the same high school Obama graduated from.
    So you're saying Te'o was born in Kenya? Here we go...
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the only one of those three players you mentioned that was still available when we drafted at 1(15) was CB Leon Hall who went at #18 to the Bengals...
    If the steelers would have truly wanted Willis or Revis, who went #11 #15, truly they were in a position to get either one of them. Just like the jets zeroed in a snatched Revis before we could get our hands on him. It's called identifying a player you want and working the phones! Surely, we were in a much better position to do that drafting at #15 then drafting #30.

Are you insinuating that the selections are better when picking at #32 then #15?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Or we could put our Defensive Coord out to pasture and let Timmons play our newly installed 4-3 right here. Trading Timmons is laughable. The defense's failures are now apparently all Timmons fault but never the guy in charge.
    By all means, lets redesign the entire defense around Lawrence friggin Timmons, a guy who initially failed to play up to his draft position and has subsequently failed to play up to his contract. Let's make sure, whatever we do, that we accodomate him!!

Great players excel in any system. Timmons is not great.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    By all means, lets redesign the entire defense around Lawrence friggin Timmons, a guy who initially failed to play up to his draft position and has subsequently failed to play up to his contract. Let's make sure, whatever we do, that we accodomate him!!

Great players excel in any system. Timmons is not great.
    Timmons HAS excelled in this system...

The question is, why is he not exceptional now? Is he doing something different on his own? Or, is he not being used in the same manner as when he excelled?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    LOVE T'eo Dub. Was actually hoping he came out last year. Love to see him here. I think this is what happens. The Steelers will release James Harrison after the season. There #1 target in the 1st will be an OLB. May even use picks to go up and get the one they like. Jarvis Jones? There may be 6-8 3-4 OLB prospects by the time it is all said and done. In the 2nd, I think we will see the S we have been waiting for. Maybe a kid like McDonald or Reid is around in the 2nd. I also think Foote & Hampton will no longer be on this roster. Just my feel at this point.
    Jarvis Jones is going to be a beast in the mode of a Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Brian Orakpo type. Comes in and dominates as a pass rusher right away. Likely a top 5 pick. Also Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery of LSU could be right there too. I think James Harrison has one more year for the Steelers and as a result ILB this coming off season will be a higher priority.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd be good with that draft.

If Te'o keeps playing like this, he'll be a top 12 pick. We will need to trade up or lose a lot of games.

I like Jefferson's game. I think he is a missile for his size and very active.

I really want this draft to focus on 1. pass rush, 2. pass defense, 3. replacing mendenhall and/or wallace 4. run defense
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sean Lee would look good manning the middle of the field for us......but hey, we got Jason Worilds. No, I am not a Penn State fan, and no, I won't let it go.