Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dee Dub's first 2013 Steelers draft!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dee Dub's first 2013 Steelers draft!!

Why not? Do it every year. But this year I really hope I am wrong. It will take drafting in the 10-15 range to get these guys. I hope they actually draft at 32.

I'll start with just 4 rounds. And it's all defense. And an emphasis on play makers.

1--Manti T'eo ILB Notre Dame--freak athletically. Can play in a 3-4 or a 4-3. And he can cover as well as play downhill.

2--Tony Jefferson FS---Oklahoma on the smallish size but he is not far off of Tyrann Mathieu in what he does all over the field..

3--Damontre Moore OLB--Texas A&M--playing in a 4-3 this year but the past two years was an OLB in their 3-4.

4--Desmond Trufant--CB Washington---last time the Steelers drafted a CB who started all 4 years in college was Deshea Townsend and Trufant, who has two brothers in the NFL, could be a Deshea Townsend type.

and a few other names I like...

OLB Chase Thomas Stanford--playing OLB in Stanford's 3-4
    ILB's C.J. Mosley and Nico Johnson ILB Alabama (3-4 defense)
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Manti Te'o played his high school ball right here in Hawaii for the same high school Obama graduated from.

Te'o was a man playing amongst boys...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Manti Te'o played his high school ball right here in Hawaii for the same high school Obama graduated from.

He's going to be a difference maker. He excels at just about every aspect of the ILB position.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    He's going to be a difference maker. He excels at just about every aspect of the ILB position.
    I completely agree, Te'o is a beast and would look great in Black & Gold.

on a very sad personal note, Te'o lost his grandmother to old age and then his girlfriend to leukemia on back to back days last week but decided to go ahead and play against Michigan St anyway.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am actually looking forward to the draft...Seriously! If that news is true about James Harrison (possibly needing micro fracture surgery) Than yes! I am already into 2013 draft mode.... Can't Wait! And what's so twisted is I am actually half way excited that we might be picking high enough to get somebody good...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I am actually looking forward to the draft...Seriously! If that news is true about James Harrison (possibly needing micro fracture surgery) Than yes! I am already into 2013 draft mode.... Can't Wait! And what's so twisted is I am actually half way excited that we might be picking high enough to get somebody good...

you mean like when we drafted 15th and selected Lawrence Timmons?
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 09-26-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

you mean like when we drafted 15th and selected Lawrence Timmons?
    No. Like maybe when we drafted 15 and could have had Darelle Revis, Patrick Willis, Leon Hall. Well, at least we were in the neighborhood.

Starter

User Info Menu

Maybe we could trade Timmons (to a 4-3 team of course) and our first and second picks to move up from 32 to 15 and get Te'o.

Or maybe he could drop to 24 (like DeCastro whom some probably had going as high as 15) and we can trade Timmons and our #32 to move up to 24 and get him.

Or maybe we'll get lucky and he'll smoke a little pot right before the combine and drop to us at #32. Then we could trade Timmons to move up in the 2nd round and get another future Pro Bowl guard to replace Colon.

Then having dumped Timmons and Colon, and lost Harrison, maybe we can resign Wallace, Mendenhall, and even a playmaking FA SS to be Troy's eventual replacement and use the 3rd Rd pick on the best remaining safety.

Maybe.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here I thought I'd see about 3 or 4 OL on this list. LOL...Play-makers. hmmm, this is what I wanted to concentrate on in this years draft. Esp. in rounds 1 and 2. Those Alabama LB's are starting on thier teams. And aren't too bad either....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

look like he still is