Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dee Dub's first 2013 Steelers draft!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Don't be such a "Debbie Downer" so close to the weekend. It's all about ME!!!

BTW that last part is my Mike Wallace imitation!!!

Rest assured I will continue to be a 4-3 advocate. You can't have a Steel Curtain with a 3 man DL because that is nothing more than an aluminum mini-blind!!!!!!!
    The funny thing is, you can do some research and find several articles comparing a 4-3 under defense (the basis for the Tampa-2) with a 3-4 defense and noting all of their similarities...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The funny thing is, you can do some research and find several articles comparing a 4-3 under defense (the basis for the Tampa-2) with a 3-4 defense and noting all of their similarities...
    That is why it a false argument to say we don't have the players to switch. They are very similar in many things. The difference is where do you put the emphasis of attacking the QB---DL or LB. Right now we don't have the LBs.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I dunno. To me, looks like he has INFLATED...and maybe that's part of the problem. He's bulked up, but perhaps that's slowed him down enough to dampen his effectiveness.
    Ray Lewis has made it a point to slim down this year in response to the proliferation of the passing game these days.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That is why it a false argument to say we don't have the players to switch. They are very similar in many things. The difference is where do you put the emphasis of attacking the QB---DL or LB. Right now we don't have the LBs.
    Well, what you'd probably do is put Ziggy at a 3-Technique and make him responsble for only one gap...put him closer to the QB and over a Guard instead of out at the 5-Technique and responsible for two-gaps...

Then, you'd probably put Woodley at a stand-up DE position on the weak side...

You'd keep Heyward at the 5-Tech on the strong side, which is basically what he plays now (only now he lines up on the weak side)...

The NT would stay the same as well...most of the time, the NT in the 4-3 under lines up on the right shoulder of the Center, but there's no reason that you couldn't line him up directly over the Center's helmet and make him responsible for two gaps...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Ray Lewis has made it a point to slim down this year in response to the proliferation of the passing game these days.
    I dont think that is the reason why Lewis has slimmed down. It's because with age he has slowed down. Look at him 5-10 years ago and he was huge and still could cover.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash