Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 45 of 45

Thread: Dee Dub's first 2013 Steelers draft!!

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Don't be such a "Debbie Downer" so close to the weekend. It's all about ME!!!

    BTW that last part is my Mike Wallace imitation!!!

    Rest assured I will continue to be a 4-3 advocate. You can't have a Steel Curtain with a 3 man DL because that is nothing more than an aluminum mini-blind!!!!!!!
    The funny thing is, you can do some research and find several articles comparing a 4-3 under defense (the basis for the Tampa-2) with a 3-4 defense and noting all of their similarities...

  2. #42
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The funny thing is, you can do some research and find several articles comparing a 4-3 under defense (the basis for the Tampa-2) with a 3-4 defense and noting all of their similarities...
    That is why it a false argument to say we don't have the players to switch. They are very similar in many things. The difference is where do you put the emphasis of attacking the QB---DL or LB. Right now we don't have the LBs.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #43
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,108
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I dunno. To me, looks like he has INFLATED...and maybe that's part of the problem. He's bulked up, but perhaps that's slowed him down enough to dampen his effectiveness.
    Ray Lewis has made it a point to slim down this year in response to the proliferation of the passing game these days.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That is why it a false argument to say we don't have the players to switch. They are very similar in many things. The difference is where do you put the emphasis of attacking the QB---DL or LB. Right now we don't have the LBs.
    Well, what you'd probably do is put Ziggy at a 3-Technique and make him responsble for only one gap...put him closer to the QB and over a Guard instead of out at the 5-Technique and responsible for two-gaps...

    Then, you'd probably put Woodley at a stand-up DE position on the weak side...

    You'd keep Heyward at the 5-Tech on the strong side, which is basically what he plays now (only now he lines up on the weak side)...

    The NT would stay the same as well...most of the time, the NT in the 4-3 under lines up on the right shoulder of the Center, but there's no reason that you couldn't line him up directly over the Center's helmet and make him responsible for two gaps...

  5. #45
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Ray Lewis has made it a point to slim down this year in response to the proliferation of the passing game these days.
    I dont think that is the reason why Lewis has slimmed down. It's because with age he has slowed down. Look at him 5-10 years ago and he was huge and still could cover.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •