Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to Steve McClendon???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So a 2nd year, 1st round draft choice can't get on the field for more than 5 snaps in a game where the D is putrid, getting pushed around like high schoolers, McFadden runs for over 100, and there is 0 pressure? Something is seriously wrong here. Either Heyward was a reach in the draft or he's being seriously underutilized. I can't imagine he couldn't have been brought in for more snaps just to rest the starters at a minimum. They had drives of 10, 11, 9 , 9 plays in the second half.
    Heyward has done nothing to distinguish. OTOH, McLendon has often stood-out this preseason. Unless we (as fans) aren't taking certain things under consideration, MCLENDON is the one you should be talking about getting on the field.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Heyward has done nothing to distinguish. OTOH, McLendon has often stood-out this preseason. Unless we (as fans) aren't taking certain things under consideration, MCLENDON is the one you should be talking about getting on the field.
    Heyward has had limited playing time, but somehow has as many sacks as Hood, Keisel, Timmons, Carter and Worilds put together...

And he is the one with limited playing time?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the Nose Tackle comes off the field more often these days, but I just don't see how Casey is staynig on the field most of the time.
    The only thing I can put my finger on is the Steelers are trying to justify his salary!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't disagree with you Shoe about seeing more of McClendon but it doesn't change what I said a bit. A first round draft choice in his second year not seeing the field when the guys in front of him are doing nothing is head scratching. He would have to immediately throw himself to the ground and curl up like a possum to be worse than Hood. It's not worth it to get him some playing time and see if he gets in a rhythm? The raiders scored on 5 consecutive possesions - for the love of all that's good and holy, try something/anything new.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Don't disagree with you Shoe about seeing more of McClendon but it doesn't change what I said a bit. A first round draft choice in his second year not seeing the field when the guys in front of him are doing nothing is head scratching. He would have to immediately throw himself to the ground and curl up like a possum to be worse than Hood. It's not worth it to get him some playing time and see if he gets in a rhythm? The raiders scored on 5 consecutive possesions - for the love of all that's good and holy, try something/anything new.
    You're right.
    All I want is to see the guys I happen to think can make a difference on the field. I think McLendon can. My personal feeling (and obviously I hope I'm wrong) is that Heyward is no better than Hood, and probably worse. So that's why I don't necessarily care to see him out there.

I see McLendon bringing a does of fire and POWER that would be an immediate upgrade over Hampton's knowledge.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    All Training Camp we heard what a beast this guy is/was.......I have hardly seen him out there.

All I see is Casey wobbling around out there
    That's how DL rolls. Kind of like Clint Hurdle with Rod Barajas....Old dudes must like old dudes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You're right.
    All I want is to see the guys I happen to think can make a difference on the field. I think McLendon can. My personal feeling (and obviously I hope I'm wrong) is that Heyward is no better than Hood, and probably worse. So that's why I don't necessarily care to see him out there.

I see McLendon bringing a does of fire and POWER that would be an immediate upgrade over Hampton's knowledge.
    How much knowledge does it really take to play 3-4 NT....I mean come on.

Legend

User Info Menu

What makes me believe there is more than meets the eye (Lebeau senility?) is that when Heyward gets PT...he plays well. When Hood is playing as poorly as he is playing, why would you not sit him? Why would you not get Heyward on the field?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    How much knowledge does it really take to play 3-4 NT....I mean come on.
    Um should I shoot the right A gap...or the left A gap? Yeah, seems like rocket science to me but what do I know.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Um should I shoot the right A gap...or the left A gap? Yeah, seems like rocket science to me but what do I know.
    I wanna know what the deal is with Ta'amu. Dude is 370 pounds of solid muscle with legs the size of tree trunks. In college he sometimes struggled in the 4-3 where the goal is pretty much to get to the QB or blow up run plays in the backfield where the primary goal of the 3-4 NT is to basically push the C backward blowing up the play/pocket and commanding a double team so LB's are freed up to make plays. This kid can't put his paw on the ground and push C's backward one on one? I don't get it.