Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happened to Steve McClendon???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What Happened to Steve McClendon???

All Training Camp we heard what a beast this guy is/was.......I have hardly seen him out there.

All I see is Casey wobbling around out there
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

That is what I want to know too. Maybe he accidentally spilled LeBeau's Geritol? He looked really good in the preseason and now we see nothing except barely can move Casey. Just another item to add to the list of "what the f*** is LeBeau doing?"

However I'm sure we will hear the real reason is that he is "not stout against the run." That seems to be what we hear about every player being misused or underutilized.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    All Training Camp we heard what a beast this guy is/was.......I have hardly seen him out there.

All I see is Casey wobbling around out there
    I've been wondering the same thing. He played too well at the end of last season to be sitting on the bench. I just checked his stats and he has only played in one game and has no tackles, assists or sacks. Is he hurt?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

well, fatarse caey was good 5 years ago so we will be going with him and his fatarse contract(the one i said he never should have gotten because he isnt effective anymore but the lemmings told me i wasnt a real fan for saying that)

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought Casey looked huge too. And by huge, I mean even bigger than normal !

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Same thing here. Casey has been a force on our defense, but he's about done. I'd like to see McClendon play more. He needs to start getting reps for the future and Casey may be healthier at the end of the season and (fingers crossed) the playoffs if he dosn't play as much.
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Legend

User Info Menu

McLendon played a total of three snaps against the Raiders and Cameron Heyward played five snaps. no wonder our DL was so tired in the 4th quarter...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    McLendon played a total of three snaps against the Raiders and Cameron Heyward played five snaps. no wonder our DL was so tired in the 4th quarter...

Totally agree. I think Keisel is a year or so from really slowing down as well. I think Heyward getting more playing time will not only help us this year, because Keisel will be fresher late in games, but in the long run by Heyward getting reps.
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Legend

User Info Menu

Reminds me of McFadden sitting out all preseason and then getting the start in the first game and getting burned.

Maybe McClendon wasn't doing his job when he was getting pressure.

Legend

User Info Menu

training camp hype machine

we've heard similar things with some others too

hood, allen, batch timmons etc tec