Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What Happened to Steve McClendon???

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I think the Nose Tackle comes off the field more often these days, but I just don't see how Casey is staynig on the field most of the time.
    The only thing I can put my finger on is the Steelers are trying to justify his salary!!
    Is it because the teams are going hurry-up against us? Do they wait until they see Hampton on the field and decide they aren't letting him leave? If so then LeBeau has to make some adjustments fast.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Is it because the teams are going hurry-up against us? Do they wait until they see Hampton on the field and decide they aren't letting him leave? If so then LeBeau has to make some adjustments fast.
    IMO Hampton should fake an injury anytime a team goes hurry up and he us gassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I wanna know what the deal is with Ta'amu. Dude is 370 pounds of solid muscle with legs the size of tree trunks. In college he sometimes struggled in the 4-3 where the goal is pretty much to get to the QB or blow up run plays in the backfield where the primary goal of the 3-4 NT is to basically push the C backward blowing up the play/pocket and commanding a double team so LB's are freed up to make plays. This kid can't put his paw on the ground and push C's backward one on one? I don't get it.
    In what I saw of him in preseason action, he did not look impressive. Also haven't heard any buzz about Ta'amu impressing in practice.

I think he's a project.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    In what I saw of him in preseason action, he did not look impressive. Also haven't heard any buzz about Ta'amu impressing in practice.

I think he's a project.
    Exactly. Everything I read was that he was struggling to grasp the concepts and working on improving technique.

Plus there is that mandatory "intern" period for rookies on defense
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You're right.
    All I want is to see the guys I happen to think can make a difference on the field. I think McLendon can. My personal feeling (and obviously I hope I'm wrong) is that Heyward is no better than Hood, and probably worse.
    How could he be worse than Ziggy is right now? I think that Ziggy is a good player, but he is currently playing like doggy doo...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Heyward has had limited playing time, but somehow has as many sacks as Hood, Keisel, Timmons, Carter and Worilds put together...

And he is the one with limited playing time?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    How could he be worse than Ziggy is right now? I think that Ziggy is a good player, but he is currently playing like doggy doo...

I think Ziggy is getting "chipped" a lot and seeing a lot of double teams because they no longer have to worry about our NT Casey Hampton. There were several times that I remember from the last game where Ziggy was going against the OT and the Guard was looking around to take a shot at him. Typically the Center or one Guard seem to be able to handle Hampton.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!