Thread: Robert Golden and Al Woods

Backup

User Info Menu

Robert Golden and Al Woods

With the defense not up to par, why not try starting safety Robert Golden instead of Ryan Mundy if Polomolu isnt ready to come back. He had a good pre season and cant be any worse than Ryan Mundy. Also, would like to see DE Al Woods get some more playing time. Looked very good in the pre season and think he can be a playmaker in our defense.

Thoughts?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    With the defense not up to par, why not try starting safety Robert Golden instead of Ryan Mundy if Polomolu isnt ready to come back. He had a good pre season and cant be any worse than Ryan Mundy. Also, would like to see DE Al Woods get some more playing time. Looked very good in the pre season and think he can be a playmaker in our defense.

Thoughts?
    Would be very difficult to be much worse than what we're seeing and there's the chance that one or both actually make a play occasionally.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh it could be worse. With that said, I don't believe it would be. Golden has the tools to be the real deal.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thoughts?
    I'd be all for both moves, unless both are too unseasoned and would be even worse than who is out there now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I'd be all for both moves, unless both are too unseasoned and would be even worse than who is out there now.
    which is obviously what the coaching staff thinks...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    which is obviously what the coaching staff thinks...
    Hopefully after watching the game tape they at least try and get Golden practicing more snaps and out there for a few plays to see if he's worse than Mundy, who's is completely over his head. He was shockingly bad.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ryan Mundy sucks...plain and simple!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm good with trying Golden over Mundy as backup FS or SS (whichever Golden has learned). But, Troy and Clark are still quality players, and I'm good with them.

I don't know about Al Woods, but I know we need to pressure the QB better. And I have no idea why Cam Heyward doesn't see the field more. Heyward possesses more natural pass rush ability than any other DL we have (though Keisel would have rivaled him when he was younger). Heyward must play more in the nickel.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thoughts?
    He hasn't served him LeBeau mandated intern period while he learns the excessively complex system.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"