Thread: Remember the Patriots game last year?

Hall of Famer

Remember the Patriots game last year?

Our D gameplanned for them (after being embarrassed the year before). We stunted Woodley to get him free coming up the middle, we pressed their receivers and used Cortez Allen to shadow Gronk. We played some zone, some bump and run. That was great.

I'm no pro defensive coordinator, but I figure pressuring the QB and switching up our coverages once in a while could be helpful in stopping offenses. Anyone else?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Our D gameplanned for them (after being embarrassed the year before). We stunted Woodley to get him free coming up the middle, we pressed their receivers and used Cortez Allen to shadow Gronk. We played some zone, some bump and run. That was great.

I'm no pro defensive coordinator, but I figure pressuring the QB and switching up our coverages once in a while could be helpful in stopping offenses. Anyone else?
    I think that is called being aggressive and unpredictable. I have heard that many successful teams do it on a routine basis. We use to but now we just don't want to give up the big scoring play so we have the "scared" scheme which just makes giving up the scoring play take a little longer as we get picked apart.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!