Thread: Bruce Arians is an NFL head coach (interim) Chuck Pagano has leukemia (get well soon)

Legend

User Info Menu

Bruce Arians is an NFL head coach (interim) Chuck Pagano has leukemia (get well soon)

Colts coach Chuck Pagano diagnosed with leukemia
    Posted by Michael David Smith on October 1, 2012, 9:02 AM EDT

Colts coach Chuck Pagano is dealing with a serious illness that will cause him to miss several games.

The Indianapolis Star reports that Pagano had been feeling fatigued and got blood tests during the bye week, when the illness was diagnosed. The Colts have planned a press conference for this morning at which they will give more details on his medical condition.

Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians will take over as interim head coach while Pagano is out.

Pagano, who will turn 52 on Tuesday, is in his first year as the Colts’ head coach. A Colts official told the Indianapolis Star that while Pagano’s health issue is a concern, the team is optimistic that he will recover.

UPDATE 9:09 a.m. ET: ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that Pagano has been diagnosed with leukemia. Doctors have told him he will be hospitalized for six weeks but that he will make a full recovery and return to coaching.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/01/report-chuck-pagano-will-miss-several-games-with-serious-illness/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

BA might make a better HC than OC imho.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    BA might make a better HC than OC imho.
    Jaw_Drop_x2.jpg

2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I find it interesting that the DC wasn't given the assignment, knowing the organization much more than BA would in his first few months there.

The DC must be a HUGE doof-us!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

The DC is new this year as well...it's Greg Manusky, who was the former DC for San Diego and San Francisco...

Legend

User Info Menu

I was not a fan of Arians as OC, but he has handled this situation with class:

“This isn’t a head coaching job for me right now,” Arians said, via the Associated Press. “It’s just an expanded role as coordinator until Chuck comes back.”
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/03/bruce-arians-this-isnt-a-head-coaching-job-for-me/[/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

With how well the Colts offense is performing WITH A ROOKIE. Its obvious that Arians got a bad rap in the burgh

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The DC is new this year as well...it's Greg Manusky, who was the former DC for San Diego and San Francisco...
    Thanks for clearing that up ... so Ariens got chosen over the rookie DC with what sounds like similar experience ... well, I'm glad it's all someone else's problem now!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Backup

User Info Menu

Someone elses problem (Arians) is making you guys all look like fools