Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Football Focus disagrees with you ****ers, says its not the LB'ers, agrees its DL

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pro Football Focus disagrees with you ****ers, says its not the LB'ers, agrees its DL

[url]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/25/refo-steelers-raiders-week-3/[/url]

Disagrees with you ****ers its the LB. They tell a different tale about them. Even Carter.

Linebackers Strong Against the Run

They may have been without James Harrison but the Steelers still got some very impressive play from their linebackers. None of the four graded negatively for the game, and three of them scored very well against the run. Lamarr Woodley (+1.8), Larry Foote (+2.3) and Lawrence Timmons (+3.3) all showed very well in the run game, and constantly knifed between blockers to make stops in and around the line of scrimmage. The four linebackers combined for 12 defensive stops and just a single missed tackle.

Agrees with you ****ers its the DL:

D-Line Needs Reinforcements

I routinely wonder what some Steelers fans see in Ziggy Hood (-2.4), to the point that I’m actually checking plays more times than I normally would just to make sure I’m not missing some extremely subtle and under-the-radar level of dominance from him. It’s just not there. I was actually shocked in this outing when he made a good play in the run game–and even then he was beaten to the tackle by Timmons. Despite 36 snaps rushing the passer he failed to generate any pressure whatsoever.

I understand that might not be his specialty in this defense (though given his college background it probably should be), but if he’s out there for 36 snaps against the pass he needs to be able to make himself a factor. Otherwise he is just dead weight, because he rarely commands more than one blocker. In the end it was another poor performance from Hood and, as Casey Hampton (-1.3) isn’t getting any younger, Pittsburgh need to find some linemen going forward.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not just Hood and Hampton, but Kiesel hasn't impressed this season, either...Maybe he oughta shave.

I'd like to see more of Heyward, McLendon, and even Ta'amu...don't think they could do much worse.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

****ers
    If the above means what I think it means is there a reason for it?
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

McClendon is backing his man up when he gets to play.need to sit Big Snack more. I think McClendon would command a double team if he had more playing time. I also said during chat that I missed Aaron Smith and wish he didnt retire. He is missed even tho he didnt play a lot his last few years. We need that double team so the LB's can get free.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    If the above means what I think it means is there a reason for it?
    Just yinzers why?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh. Carry on then.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I dont get this. When we are expecting plays to be made (splash plays), by the 3-4 zone blitz defensive lineman we are not really understanding what the D-line's primary function is. I watched Casey Hampton constantly take on two blocks Sunday versus the Raiders. But I also saw two inside LB's out of position, over-pursuing, and just flat out driven back at the point of attack consistently. But hey...keep expecting more from the 3 up front and I'd guess you'd keep being disappointed.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I dont get this. When we are expecting plays to be made (splash plays), by the 3-4 zone blitz defensive lineman we are not really understanding what the D-line's primary function is. I watched Casey Hampton constantly take on two blocks Sunday versus the Raiders. But I also saw two inside LB's out of position, over-pursuing, and just flat out driven back at the point of attack consistently. But hey...keep expecting more from the 3 up front and I'd guess you'd keep being disappointed.
    So you disagree with PFF? I would say they are usually pretty spot on with their grading and are well respected. They have been universal in their disdain for Ziggy Hood as a 3-4 End and grade him consistently low.

Legend

User Info Menu

the DL has been playing poorly, but it's hard to make a case that the LBers haven't been playing poorly also.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    [URL]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/25/refo-steelers-raiders-week-3/[/URL]

Disagrees with you ****ers its the LB. They tell a different tale about them. Even Carter.

Linebackers Strong Against the Run

They may have been without James Harrison but the Steelers still got some very impressive play from their linebackers. None of the four graded negatively for the game, and three of them scored very well against the run. Lamarr Woodley (+1.8), Larry Foote (+2.3) and Lawrence Timmons (+3.3) all showed very well in the run game, and constantly knifed between blockers to make stops in and around the line of scrimmage. The four linebackers combined for 12 defensive stops and just a single missed tackle.

Agrees with you ****ers its the DL:

D-Line Needs Reinforcements

I routinely wonder what some Steelers fans see in Ziggy Hood (-2.4), to the point that I’m actually checking plays more times than I normally would just to make sure I’m not missing some extremely subtle and under-the-radar level of dominance from him. It’s just not there. I was actually shocked in this outing when he made a good play in the run game–and even then he was beaten to the tackle by Timmons. Despite 36 snaps rushing the passer he failed to generate any pressure whatsoever.

I understand that might not be his specialty in this defense (though given his college background it probably should be), but if he’s out there for 36 snaps against the pass he needs to be able to make himself a factor. Otherwise he is just dead weight, because he rarely commands more than one blocker. In the end it was another poor performance from Hood and, as Casey Hampton (-1.3) isn’t getting any younger, Pittsburgh need to find some linemen going forward.
    You can continue to have blinders on, live in a dream world, and let PFT tell you something kind of BS. I prefer to watch every single game and re-watch most games and believe my own eyes.

My own eyes tell me that Foote is a stop gap and that Timmons is being outplayed by the stop gap. My own eyes tell me that... not just from the Oakland game but from watching Timmons throughout his career.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.