Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Clark says

Legend
    predictable...

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    I would say they are too predictible because they don't have the talent to not be predictible. They have to play vanilla because they don't have the talent not to. Not enough players on that D to win one on one battles. People keep saying wait till Troy and Harrison come back....at this point when they do, they will be 80% of what they used to be.

I think that Tomlin/Colbert hasn't been able to draft well. Every Cowher/Colbert player Tomlin/Colbert try and replace they have drafted an inferior player to the one they are replacing....or they have had to bring back retreads in attempts to do so.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I would say they are too predictible because they don't have the talent to not be predictible. They have to play vanilla because they don't have the talent not to. Not enough players on that D to win one on one battles. People keep saying wait till Troy and Harrison come back....at this point when they do, they will be 80% of what they used to be.

I think that Tomlin/Colbert hasn't been able to draft well. Every Cowher/Colbert player Tomlin/Colbert try and replace they have drafted an inferior player to the one they are replacing....or they have had to bring back retreads in attempts to do so.
    W. Gay > K. Lewis??
    W. Colon > M. Gilbert??
    L. Sweed > A. Brown??

Is the #Steelers' defense too predictable?

Ed Bouchette

Safety Ryan Clark yesterday acknowledged that they’ve been predictable for seven years, but he said that’s not been a bad thing. He was asked yesterday if the defense needs to evolve as offenses evolve.

“Why? Check our stats. We’re talking about the last seven years. I can see if we were terrible last year or the year before. Last I checked, we were 12-4 the last two years and the defense has been pretty darn good.

“So I don’t think the evolution of the offense has changed dramatically from 2011 to 2012.”

He’s right. It’s like 2004. Third and one for the Steelers. The defense knew Jerome Bettis was going to get the ball. It was so predictable. But they couldn’t stop him.

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-...source=twitter