Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I envy Seattle

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible Towlie View Post
    I liked hearing about the 3,000 seats. I'm still saying that I want more haha

The grass dosn't bother me that much, but I wouldn't mind seeing them change it for something that holds up better.
    Remember when the sod was so bad, they just slapped another layer of sod on top of it, and then it was so bad that a punt literally just stuck into the ground with no bounce at all? That was a national embarrassment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Remember when the sod was so bad, they just slapped another layer of sod on top of it, and then it was so bad that a punt literally just stuck into the ground with no bounce at all? That was a national embarrassment.
    That was a fluke (an insane amount of rain in the 48 hours prior to kickoff, and although they tried to cover the field, there was some issue with one of the seams on the tarp that covered the field, so WAY TOO MUCH water got through). The groundskeepers seem to have gotten a better handle on taking care of the field now as compared to how it was a decade ago when Heinz first opened. We play on one field until Thanksgiving, then re-sod after the 4 WPIAL championships. That seems to work out much better than some of the experimental stuff that they were trying early on.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    That was a fluke (an insane amount of rain in the 48 hours prior to kickoff, and although they tried to cover the field, there was some issue with one of the seams on the tarp that covered the field, so WAY TOO MUCH water got through). The groundskeepers seem to have gotten a better handle on taking care of the field now as compared to how it was a decade ago when Heinz first opened. We play on one field until Thanksgiving, then re-sod after the 4 WPIAL championships. That seems to work out much better than some of the experimental stuff that they were trying early on.
    Yea, they have got much better at managing the grass. It makes mucho sense to re-sod after the high school games.

Backup

User Info Menu

Talk to us in January.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't mind the grass field so much. I do mind that we can't generate the kind of noise that we used to at 3 rivers. I know when they designed the stadium in Seattle Paul Allen had them do a bunch of acoustic checks so that it would be as loud as possible down on the field. That gives the Seahawks a huge advantage when they play at home and the visitors can't hear the audibles. I'm pretty sure they lead the league every year in false starts and delay of game penalties.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yea, they have got much better at managing the grass. It makes mucho sense to re-sod after the high school games.

So am I the only one who misses these day's?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post

Looks like half the Cleveland team is wearing home brown jerseys and the other half is wearing away white jerseys.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post

I do miss those days. There used to be nothing better than watch a game played on grass when it was snowing out.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!