Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: I envy Seattle

  1. #41
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrible Towlie View Post
    I liked hearing about the 3,000 seats. I'm still saying that I want more haha


    The grass dosn't bother me that much, but I wouldn't mind seeing them change it for something that holds up better.
    Remember when the sod was so bad, they just slapped another layer of sod on top of it, and then it was so bad that a punt literally just stuck into the ground with no bounce at all? That was a national embarrassment.

  2. #42
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Remember when the sod was so bad, they just slapped another layer of sod on top of it, and then it was so bad that a punt literally just stuck into the ground with no bounce at all? That was a national embarrassment.
    That was a fluke (an insane amount of rain in the 48 hours prior to kickoff, and although they tried to cover the field, there was some issue with one of the seams on the tarp that covered the field, so WAY TOO MUCH water got through). The groundskeepers seem to have gotten a better handle on taking care of the field now as compared to how it was a decade ago when Heinz first opened. We play on one field until Thanksgiving, then re-sod after the 4 WPIAL championships. That seems to work out much better than some of the experimental stuff that they were trying early on.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  3. #43
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    That was a fluke (an insane amount of rain in the 48 hours prior to kickoff, and although they tried to cover the field, there was some issue with one of the seams on the tarp that covered the field, so WAY TOO MUCH water got through). The groundskeepers seem to have gotten a better handle on taking care of the field now as compared to how it was a decade ago when Heinz first opened. We play on one field until Thanksgiving, then re-sod after the 4 WPIAL championships. That seems to work out much better than some of the experimental stuff that they were trying early on.
    Yea, they have got much better at managing the grass. It makes mucho sense to re-sod after the high school games.

  4. #44
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Talk to us in January.

  5. #45
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I don't mind the grass field so much. I do mind that we can't generate the kind of noise that we used to at 3 rivers. I know when they designed the stadium in Seattle Paul Allen had them do a bunch of acoustic checks so that it would be as loud as possible down on the field. That gives the Seahawks a huge advantage when they play at home and the visitors can't hear the audibles. I'm pretty sure they lead the league every year in false starts and delay of game penalties.

  6. #46
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yea, they have got much better at managing the grass. It makes mucho sense to re-sod after the high school games.

    So am I the only one who misses these day's?

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  7. #47
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post

    So am I the only one who misses these day's?
    Looks like half the Cleveland team is wearing home brown jerseys and the other half is wearing away white jerseys.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  8. #48
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post

    So am I the only one who misses these day's?
    I do miss those days. There used to be nothing better than watch a game played on grass when it was snowing out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •