Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I envy Seattle

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    What is it about Pacific Northwest football teams and ridiculous uniforms? It's as if Nike threw up the Oregon Ducks unis and then crapped out the Seattle Seahawks unis.
    There are elements I like about them, like the weird sheen off the material that their numbers are made of. But I thought the same thing: What is it about the North West that makes them put bizarre unis together? Oregon is flat out lunacy, like they keep putting them together while tripping on acid.

Legend

User Info Menu

I only envy the Seattle Seahawks for one thing they have better than us:

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I only envy the Seattle Seahawks for one thing they have better than us:

If I am going to envy that element, I go with

1.) The Raiderettes (especially when they were in LA)
    2.) Both Texas teams. (Why are so many Texan women so hot? Unreal.)
    3.) Miami gals. Holy mother of God they are sizzling.

[URL="//http://images.travelpod.com/users/gwhite142/1.1242650460.oakland-raiderettes.jpg"]//http://images.travelpod.com/users/gwhite142/1.1242650460.oakland-raiderettes.jpg[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Every year there's a Johnny come lately to the party that looks like they have it right and maybe the Seahawks do have it right and maybe they don't. I certainly don't envy them in the least because they may have a better season than the Steelers. The Steelers are the most rock solid franchise in the league, 40 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago, 10 hours ago or even 10 minutes ago. If they have a down year and I doubt that they do, I'm not going to envy a team that is having a successful season after 3 games, 10 games or 16 games and the Steelers may be struggling. What I'll be doing is hoping the Steelers can right the ship and if they don't, I'll hope they have a successful draft and off season. Being envious of a team because they're being successful (for a change) and the Steelers aren't isn't something I even think about. The Seahawks are just another team; I'm a Steeler fan and don't really care what the Seahawks are doing or not doing.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Every year there's a Johnny come lately to the party that looks like they have it right and maybe the Seahawks do have it right and maybe they don't. I certainly don't envy them in the least because they may have a better season than the Steelers. The Steelers are the most rock solid franchise in the league, 40 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago, 10 hours ago or even 10 minutes ago. If they have a down year and I doubt that they do, I'm not going to envy a team that is having a successful season after 3 games, 10 games or 16 games and the Steelers may be struggling. What I'll be doing is hoping the Steelers can right the ship and if they don't, I'll hope they have a successful draft and off season. Being envious of a team because they're being successful (for a change) and the Steelers aren't isn't something I even think about. The Seahawks are just another team; I'm a Steeler fan and don't really care what the Seahawks are doing or not doing.

Pappy

Agree 100% Pappy...but it would be nice to have some cheerleaders...

SF

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pappy
    I agree with you in the sense that the Steelers are well run and will stay on top overall. That doesn't mean they won't go through some down years. For example... 1998-2000

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I agree with you in the sense that the Steelers are well run and will stay on top overall. That doesn't mean they won't go through some down years. For example... 1998-2000
    I don't know why admiring another team's bright spots is some kind of Steeler sin. I would LOVE to have the stadium and DBs that team has. I also might like another dude's car or crib; it doesn't mean I obsess over it. Just admire quality, whether it be in Seattle's DBs or the dude's mansion down the street. I see nothing wrong with admiring quality in others situations. <shrugs shoulders>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I don't know why admiring another team's bright spots is some kind of Steeler sin. I would LOVE to have the stadium and DBs that team has. I also might like another dude's car or crib; it doesn't mean I obsess over it. Just admire quality, whether it be in Seattle's DBs or the dude's mansion down the street. I see nothing wrong with admiring quality in others situations. <shrugs shoulders>
    Not bashing you dude. I think the NFC West in General is becoming more and more like the AFC North. Who wouldn't respect young, aggressive, and energetic defenses?

Where has that gone for us?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pappy
    No team contends every year, but this one comes as close to that as it gets. But the years with bad QBs were the years we didn't really contend. You simply aren't going to win a Super Bowl with a Kordell, a FrankenGraham, a Tomczak, a Mark Malone, a Cliff Stoudt, a David Woodley, a Jim Miller and, probably not a Neil O'Donnell (although you might get there with him, as we did and then he failed miserably).

Any how, I would love if we had the backfield Seattle does.

[url]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Seahawks-2012-Defensive-backs/88fe05f1-fc35-4a26-bccd-0eb90dbacaf5[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

The Seahawks were laughingstocks at the draft this year when they reeeeeeeeached for Bruce Irvin the middle of round 1 (I applauded it, because it helped DeCastro fall to us). Sure, Irvin had 2 sacks last night, but Brandon Mebane also had 2 sacks against that putrid Green Bay OL, and Chris Clemons had 4 sacks. The previous year, they reeeeeeeeeached for James Carpenter in round 1 as well. Gimme Kevin Colbert, Mike Tomlin, and our "cheapskate" owner over John Schneider, Pete Carroll, and their billionaire Microsoft owner any day.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.