Thread: Brian Moorman Worth a Look?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Brian Moorman Worth a Look?

The Bills released Brian Moorman, a previous pro-bowl punter. The punting game is far from being among the Steelers biggest concerns, but Butler, while generally competent to this point (his shank in Oakland aside), has not shown himself to be an asset.

Moorman is 36 and certainly does not have a lot of time left, but he may be an upgrade. Below is a link to his stats.

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorBr24.htm[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

No thanks. Have they released Wannstadt as the defensive coord? Then I'll be interested
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No thanks. Have they released Wannstadt as the defensive coord? Then I'll be interested
    The mere thought of Dave Wannstedt once again roaming the Heinz Field sidelines just gave me the heebie jeebies.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The Bills released Brian Moorman, a previous pro-bowl punter. The punting game is far from being among the Steelers biggest concerns, but Butler, while generally competent to this point (his shank in Oakland aside), has not shown himself to be an asset.

Moorman is 36 and certainly does not have a lot of time left, but he may be an upgrade. Below is a link to his stats.

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorBr24.htm[/URL]
    Butler is fine.

He's punted 11 times for 455 yards and put 5 of them inside the 20...that percentage puts him in the top ten NFL punters...

He shanked one...it happens...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No. Butler is very good and can get better. He is our ROY at this point.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.