Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Larry Foote To Replacement Refs: 'You Should Go Kill Yourselves"

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I don't blame the replacement refs for this mess. They were asked to do a job that they are clearly not qualified to do.

I blame the league office for not settling the lockout with the officials. I have no idea what the refs are asking for but enough is enough. Now all of these blown calls are directly affecting the outcome of games.
    of course you blame the scab refs. they weren't forced to do this job. Yes, the majority of the blame falls on the NFL - but there's no way the scabs are innocent victims.

Legend
    After sleeping on it I think the real reason the refs are getting bashed endlessly is because the teams who usually get the calls aren't getting them.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    I saw that play, and it was pathetic that nothing was called....

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Where's the security tape?

Actually, that's not an uncommon (though unfortunate) turn of phrase in some African-American communities...
    it is?? I've heard the phrase before but I thought it was an "MTV" next generation thing...

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    it is?? I've heard the phrase before but I thought it was an "MTV" next generation thing...
    Nope. I teach in a "first ring" school district (meaning a suburb with a border adjacent to the main city) and many of the children I deal with came from the city to get into a better school district...most of those kids are African American and many of them say this to one another...

Hall of Famer
    I agree that Foote needs to be disciplined for this comment. There is no doubt that these refs aren't properly prepared. But what makes it even worse is the flat disrespect they get from players, AND commentators on the games. Their commentary is a stark contrast to the regular refs (when they blow calls; and they DO blow calls). They rarely openly question calls for the regular refs, but it's ridiculous how they jump all over every questionable call made by the replacement refs.

As for this particular play, while the penalty would have helped us (probably ended the drive), the refs were trying to help us, by getting rid of a non-playmaker in Hood and maybe getting someone in there for us who could make a difference. Thanks refs... hopefully McLendon gets in the game more. CAN'T be any worse than this bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I agree that Foote needs to be disciplined for this comment. There is no doubt that these refs aren't properly prepared. But what makes it even worse is the flat disrespect they get from players, AND commentators on the games. Their commentary is a stark contrast to the regular refs (when they blow calls; and they DO blow calls). They rarely openly question calls for the regular refs, but it's ridiculous how they jump all over every questionable call made by the replacement refs.

As for this particular play, while the penalty would have helped us (probably ended the drive), the refs were trying to help us, by getting rid of a non-playmaker in Hood and maybe getting someone in there for us who could make a difference. Thanks refs... hopefully McLendon gets in the game more. CAN'T be any worse than this bum.

The replacement refs have earned the disrespect...as have the owners for allowing the quality of their product to suffer while they pinch pennies...
    Last edited by Slapstick; 09-25-2012 at 03:14 PM.