Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: See the end of the Seachickens and Packers game?...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd like to see the Coen Brothers make a movie about the replacement refs.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Not me. I liked the controversy and it made games interesting to watch, instead of the regulars throwing a flag on every other play and reciting some rule. And it didn't cost the Steelers any games anyhow.

And at least we could count on the subs to not make up rules as they go along, like the regular refs did, ala "tuck rule", and other obscure situations.

These guys are ridiculous though. I've heard alot of people mention they'd like to see them stay to make it interesting, but it would be too much like the WWE. I like watching a great game.

Also, not only would I hate to lose a game because of the refs, but I wouldn't want to win a game either. Could you imagine the douchebag Ravens, Browns, Seahawk fans you would have to listen to?
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I'd like to see the Coen Brothers make a movie about the replacement refs.
    Every wide receiver would be asking them, "O Brother, Where Art Thy Flag for Pass Interference?"
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.