Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All this griping about the D....but....

Hybrid View

Pro Bowler

All this griping about the D....but....

.....if Brown doesn't fumble, we win this game.

Why isn't anyone bringing that up? First he fumbles going across the goal line and was beyond lucky to get the ball back himself, but THEN he fumbles AGAIN to stop a drive that looked destined to be a TD drive.

I was so p-ssed at him when he fumbled it again. We have a W without him carelessly putting the ball on the ground, mother f----r.

And if Dwyer doesn't fumble we probably win this game as well. Just sayin...

Everyone is to blame.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    And if Dwyer doesn't fumble we probably win this game as well. Just sayin...

Everyone is to blame.
    But fumbling late, when the game is in the balance, makes it worse, in my opinion. Especially after just fumbling it in the end zone, WTF Brown? You still weren't focused enough on ball security after that? P-sses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    But fumbling late, when the game is in the balance, makes it worse, in my opinion. Especially after just fumbling it in the end zone, WTF Brown? You still weren't focused enough on ball security after that? P-sses me off.
    Dwyers fumble is equally as bad as ABs...The Dwyer fumble was on our 30 yard line and resulted in 7 points for the Raiders. I think Dwyer becomes the odd man out once RM is back...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    Dwyers fumble is equally as bad as ABs...The Dwyer fumble was on our 30 yard line and resulted in 7 points for the Raiders. I think Dwyer becomes the odd man out once RM is back...
    I think JD is done as a potential contributing Steeler. They were running BB and IR but no JD as the game went on. I believe his potential to become a significant contributor as a Steeler, and maybe as an NFL player, has come and gone. So much for me predicting he was going to end up a bigger producer than RM. He had the opportunity and it just didn't happen. (The porous OL didn't help, though.)

Legend
    I think JD is done as a potential contributing Steeler. They were running BB and IR but no JD as the game went on. I believe his potential to become a significant contributor as a Steeler, and maybe as an NFL player, has come and gone. So much for me predicting he was going to end up a bigger producer than RM. He had the opportunity and it just didn't happen. (The porous OL didn't help, though.)
    Dwyer had a lot to prove and IMO he has too many WTF moments in his short career. Everyone fumbles but I think his nagging injuries when barely getting hit, the weight issues, waving for a sub anytime he runs more than 3 yards, etc are making it hard for the coaches to trust him.

It is a team game....It is about making plays when it counts....they did not do that yesterday.

If the special teams does not give away field position with a muffed punt and terrible coverage, then perhaps the Raiders dont drive and score...

If the offense doesnt commit all those penalties or give away the football then we probably continue our drives and put the game out of reach. The offense had a chance at the end of the game to make some plays and put the game away...they did not. We ended up punting and Raiders drove for a game winning FG.

If the defense could stop anything in the second half, we would have won that game...but they did not. They could not stop the run, cover any receivers or put pressure on the QB.

But if we have to place blame...this one goes to the defense....and BTW I have been a huge DL supporter and still am. However the defense is bad right now....really bad. However, two of their best defenders (and probably 2 of the best in the league) were not on the field.

It isnt pretty but I am going to remain hopeful. It is still early in the season. The offense is looking like it has the potential to be the best it has been in many years. Lets just hope the defense can get it together.

The Steelers flat out gave the game away with those turnovers. The D was given short fields after those 2 turnovers. They already can't make stops in the 4th Q (this has been going on for 4 years now), and when they turn the ball over it's even harder to make a stop.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    The Steelers flat out gave the game away with those turnovers. The D was given short fields after those 2 turnovers. They already can't make stops in the 4th Q (this has been going on for 4 years now), and when they turn the ball over it's even harder to make a stop.
    Yes know what, I think this subject deserves its own thread. Why is it that this D can't stop teams in the 4th Q.? I have my theory.

Yes know what, I think this subject deserves its own thread. Why is it that this D can't stop teams in the 4th Q.? I have my theory.
    This D is too dependent upon having all of the pieces in place...no Troy and no James Harrison leaves the D shorthanded...