Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
I think you are wildly optimistic. We may be able to get into the play offs but would likely never see a championship game. Our offense is on the upswing but our defense is on the downslide proabably at a rate we can't overcome without changes to scheme and personnel.

I really hope I am wrong about the defense but what I have been trying to point out for two seasons now is coming to the fore in spades.
What scheme do you think guarantees success in the NFL? What defense in this era of offensive football has gone through unscathed? I look at Baltimore and they have had 2 horrible games defensively (sound familiar). San Fran didn't exactly look overwhelming against Ponder and the Vikings. How many points did TB put up on the Giants? The Titans went for 44 points against the Lions.

So who does that leave ... basically the Texans. They and San Fran seem to be the flavor last year and this year although both have had games where they were torched. I'd just like to know what this magic scheme is and wonder why the rest of the NFL hasn't gone to it.