Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All this griping about the D....but....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

All this griping about the D....but....

.....if Brown doesn't fumble, we win this game.

Why isn't anyone bringing that up? First he fumbles going across the goal line and was beyond lucky to get the ball back himself, but THEN he fumbles AGAIN to stop a drive that looked destined to be a TD drive.

I was so p-ssed at him when he fumbled it again. We have a W without him carelessly putting the ball on the ground, mother f----r.

Backup

User Info Menu

And if Dwyer doesn't fumble we probably win this game as well. Just sayin...

Everyone is to blame.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SDSteel1 View Post
    And if Dwyer doesn't fumble we probably win this game as well. Just sayin...

Everyone is to blame.
    But fumbling late, when the game is in the balance, makes it worse, in my opinion. Especially after just fumbling it in the end zone, WTF Brown? You still weren't focused enough on ball security after that? P-sses me off.

Backup

User Info Menu

It is a team game....It is about making plays when it counts....they did not do that yesterday.

If the special teams does not give away field position with a muffed punt and terrible coverage, then perhaps the Raiders dont drive and score...

If the offense doesnt commit all those penalties or give away the football then we probably continue our drives and put the game out of reach. The offense had a chance at the end of the game to make some plays and put the game away...they did not. We ended up punting and Raiders drove for a game winning FG.

If the defense could stop anything in the second half, we would have won that game...but they did not. They could not stop the run, cover any receivers or put pressure on the QB.

But if we have to place blame...this one goes to the defense....and BTW I have been a huge DL supporter and still am. However the defense is bad right now....really bad. However, two of their best defenders (and probably 2 of the best in the league) were not on the field.

It isnt pretty but I am going to remain hopeful. It is still early in the season. The offense is looking like it has the potential to be the best it has been in many years. Lets just hope the defense can get it together.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    But fumbling late, when the game is in the balance, makes it worse, in my opinion. Especially after just fumbling it in the end zone, WTF Brown? You still weren't focused enough on ball security after that? P-sses me off.
    Dwyers fumble is equally as bad as ABs...The Dwyer fumble was on our 30 yard line and resulted in 7 points for the Raiders. I think Dwyer becomes the odd man out once RM is back...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers flat out gave the game away with those turnovers. The D was given short fields after those 2 turnovers. They already can't make stops in the 4th Q (this has been going on for 4 years now), and when they turn the ball over it's even harder to make a stop.

Legend

User Info Menu

Scoring 31 points is typically more than enough for any decent defense to step up. The Raiders defense got the strips. What about our defense?

Plus let's not make it sound like the Raiders got the ball on the turnovers in the red zone and had 1st and Goal. After the turnovers they put sustained drives together and our defense did nothing.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am worried about this defense ... We went for it on 4th down in FG range b/c everyone knew our defense was going to let Palmer march downfield, run out the clock and kick the game winner. IF this was a typical Steeler Defense, we punt and have our Defense hold.

With Troy out of the lineup, we just lack playmakers. He's the only real threat on DEF to make a turnover.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Both fumbles were 7-point turnarounds. We lost by 3. The math is clear. And there is enough culpability to occupy several juries.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

dwyers fumble was worse, IMO.