Thread: Was the fix in?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Was the fix in?

Is it me, or were those flags really one-sided? Raiders are known to commit the most penalties but at one point the Raiders had zero, deep into the game, and we were getting flagged all over the place. If you don't think the criminal element could reach the replacement refs, you are kidding yourself. "Here is $50k to make you notice the Steelers penalties more." You don't think these guys can be bought?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Is it me, or were those flags really one-sided? Raiders are known to commit the most penalties but at one point the Raiders had zero, deep into the game, and we were getting flagged all over the place. If you don't think the criminal element could reach the replacement refs, you are kidding yourself. "Here is $50k to make you notice the Steelers penalties more." You don't think these guys can be bought?
    The officiating was horrible...

That being said, the Steelers had two bad fumbles that set the Raiders up with good field position...especially Dwyer's fumble on the 30...

If the Steelers are more careful with the ball, the officiating doesn't matter...

But, Ziggy was obviously chop-blocked illegally on the Raiders' last drive...they had no problem calling penalties on the Steelers, but the refs either let that one go or missed it entirely...

Would that have made a difference? We will never know...

Legend

User Info Menu

Last night during the game and after I kind of thought the same thing.
    I then went back and looked at the Steelers penalties by game this year.
    8-52
    10-107
    10-81
    The Steelers are getting called for a lot of penalties.
    Perhaps they are just undisciplined right now.
    Starts at the top and Mr. wooooooooooooooo,woooooooooooooo,wooooooooooooo needs to remedy this ASAP.

Legend

User Info Menu

If we had scored another 10 points I have zero confidence that the defense could have held that lead either. Our defense made Palmer and the boys look as good as Brady and the Pats ever did against us. Carson "Freakin" Palmer!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought a hold could of been called on McFadden's long TD run (someone had handfuls of jersey on a Pgh Corner). Not sure I believe the replacements are fixing games but I've seen multiple instances where they have been bullied by a player or coach to throw a flag, quite late. I also thought it was a double shift on the Kiesel call and that's why he moved. The looked very confused and just called the Steelers because he was the first to move - not even sure he came across into the neutral zone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Last night during the game and after I kind of thought the same thing.
    I then went back and looked at the Steelers penalties by game this year.
    8-52
    10-107
    10-81
    The Steelers are getting called for a lot of penalties.
    Perhaps they are just undisciplined right now.
    Starts at the top and Mr. wooooooooooooooo,woooooooooooooo,wooooooooooooo needs to remedy this ASAP.
    Maybe if certain players would keep their mouths shut and not b!tch about the rules the officials wouldn't be sensitized to look closer when we play. Simple human psychology, if you draw attentions to something others will be more aware of it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If we had scored another 10 points I have zero confidence that the defense could have held that lead either. Our defense made Palmer and the boys look as good as Brady and the Pats ever did against us. Carson "Freakin" Palmer!
    Palmer led the AFC in passing heading into this game; he isn't the worst. But what were the Raiders down to in both DBs and WRs in this game? They had almost nothing left in either unit and they still beat us. Crazy. We should have NEVER lost this one. Maybe Al Davis' ghost had a hand in this.