Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will The Scab Refs Giving Baltimore a Win Hurt Us?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Will The Scab Refs Giving Baltimore a Win Hurt Us?

Clearly the Pats got robbed last night and the Ravens were given a victory by the rent a refs.

You may also be able to argue the rent a refs took a victory from us giving Oakland a 1st down on a 4th and 2 inside the 5 yard line.

That's a 2 game swing in the division. I hope the Ravens don't sneak past us into the playoffs by 1 or 2 games. That's a lot to overcome. This really is a game of inches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Our play will hurt us not any ref decisions. If we play like we did yesterday winning the division is laughable. The solution is simple, if we beat the Ravens and Bumgals we will win the division. That has nothing to do with refs...that is all on us.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Our play will hurt us not any ref decisions. If we play like we did yesterday winning the division is laughable. The solution is simple, if we beat the Ravens and Bumgals we will win the division. That has nothing to do with refs...that is all on us.
    If we play like we did yesterday beating the Browns is in question

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

The kick was good it went over the pole. Now, had the pole been taller and the ball hit the pole it probably would have bounced out, but the pole wasn't taller and the kick was good. The refs tried to hand the game to the Pats on the drive prior to that one when they took the interception away from the Ravens. That was a good defensive play, but the refs called interference and gave the Pats a 1st down, Brady didn't capitalize and the Pats punted and then Flacco and company did capitalize.

Geesh, please, the only thing keeping the Steelers from getting where they want to be at the end of the season is the Steelers. If you play a game and only the defense shows up (Denver) you lose, if you play a game and only the offense shows up (Raiders) you lose, if you play a game and both offense and defense show up, you kick @ss (Jets) and win. It's still in the Steelers hands, but they need to start being consistent.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The kick was good it went over the pole. Now, had the pole been taller and the ball hit the pole it probably would have bounced out, but the pole wasn't taller and the kick was good. The refs tried to hand the game to the Pats on the drive prior to that one when they took the interception away from the Ravens. That was a good defensive play, but the refs called interference and gave the Pats a 1st down, Brady didn't capitalize and the Pats punted and then Flacco and company did capitalize.

Geesh, please, the only thing keeping the Steelers from getting where they want to be at the end of the season is the Steelers. If you play a game and only the defense shows up (Denver) you lose, if you play a game and only the offense shows up (Raiders) you lose, if you play a game and both offense and defense show up, you kick @ss (Jets) and win. It's still in the Steelers hands, but they need to start being consistent.

Pappy

Truth by Pappy. Steelers must take responsibility, not disempower themselves by blaming anyone else or anything else.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure, it's totally in our control to win out and make the playoffs. But if we miss out by 1 game to Baltimore which has happened before, the phantom FG the Ravens were gifted could come back to bite us.

Backup

User Info Menu

On the other hand, while I hate to see the Steelers suffer from Baltimore getting calls they shouldn't, we've all seen about a decade of calls go the *'s way, so the cheats have more than their share of bad karma coming their way.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I had to turn that game off I was so disgusted with the calls. It was very obvious that anytime the pats got a little momentum going a flag was coming to squash it. I mean, I have seen some bias officiating for the home team but that was some of the worse I have seen.

Backup

User Info Menu

I would submit that while the Steelers poor play is ultimately the issue, the refs actually cost the Steelers dearly at least twice yesterday.

On McFadden's long TD run, Ike was clearly held at about the 40 yard line. Aside from the obvious momentum swing of that play, the fact that there are TWO examples of the Raiders benefiting from missed calls and getting 14 points from them can't be overlooked.

This is the last time I even mention it, though, because I am picturing myself as a walrus as I type this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not blaming the refs for the loss or anything. But another game changing instance was when Ziggy got hurt. He was engaged with an OL and another OL came in and chopped his knee. I believe that's a 15 yard penalty (and if I'm not mistaken the Raiders got a 1st down on that 3rd down play, so it would've been 3rd and longer).
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285