Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will The Scab Refs Giving Baltimore a Win Hurt Us?

Legend

User Info Menu

Will The Scab Refs Giving Baltimore a Win Hurt Us?

Clearly the Pats got robbed last night and the Ravens were given a victory by the rent a refs.

You may also be able to argue the rent a refs took a victory from us giving Oakland a 1st down on a 4th and 2 inside the 5 yard line.

That's a 2 game swing in the division. I hope the Ravens don't sneak past us into the playoffs by 1 or 2 games. That's a lot to overcome. This really is a game of inches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Our play will hurt us not any ref decisions. If we play like we did yesterday winning the division is laughable. The solution is simple, if we beat the Ravens and Bumgals we will win the division. That has nothing to do with refs...that is all on us.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure, it's totally in our control to win out and make the playoffs. But if we miss out by 1 game to Baltimore which has happened before, the phantom FG the Ravens were gifted could come back to bite us.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I had to turn that game off I was so disgusted with the calls. It was very obvious that anytime the pats got a little momentum going a flag was coming to squash it. I mean, I have seen some bias officiating for the home team but that was some of the worse I have seen.

Backup

User Info Menu

I would submit that while the Steelers poor play is ultimately the issue, the refs actually cost the Steelers dearly at least twice yesterday.

On McFadden's long TD run, Ike was clearly held at about the 40 yard line. Aside from the obvious momentum swing of that play, the fact that there are TWO examples of the Raiders benefiting from missed calls and getting 14 points from them can't be overlooked.

This is the last time I even mention it, though, because I am picturing myself as a walrus as I type this.

Backup

User Info Menu

On the other hand, while I hate to see the Steelers suffer from Baltimore getting calls they shouldn't, we've all seen about a decade of calls go the *'s way, so the cheats have more than their share of bad karma coming their way.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not blaming the refs for the loss or anything. But another game changing instance was when Ziggy got hurt. He was engaged with an OL and another OL came in and chopped his knee. I believe that's a 15 yard penalty (and if I'm not mistaken the Raiders got a 1st down on that 3rd down play, so it would've been 3rd and longer).
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

What I have taken from these officials is that there is a definite advantage to the home team. I chalk it up to home crowd intimidation. Ravens played at home and got the benefits of the calls, Steelers on the road did not.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The refs not calling anything on the most penalized team in the NFL (over the last two years) hurt the Steelers more...

Also, I don't buy the home team intimidation...the Steelers were penalized 3 more times for 44 more yards than the Jest last week...

Legend

User Info Menu

I am not going to even go here. Complaining about refs is for other teams and fans. The Steelers defense was manhandled by a lesser team. It happens, just disappointed it seems to be happening more frequently.