Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Should the NFL move the 4pm games to 5:30 or 6pm?

  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,232

    Should the NFL move the 4pm games to 5:30 or 6pm?

    The regular refs have some games go long, but c'mon scabs? Seemed like every game went to OT and lasted forever.

    I can't remember missing so much of the beginning of a game and the Steelers game started at 4:30. I had to watch the first 3 scores in the Steelers/Raiders game online.

    The Networks need a rule that they just have to show all of the Steelers games in their entirety everywhere. Even interrupt the local game if needed. Seems like a simple rule they should have stumbled upon by now

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,822
    Never happen because they would extend into the evening television Primetime shows. Starting that late would screw up the programming for Sunday evenings for more than half the broadcast year. The advertisers for thoise shows are not the same as football therefore potential lost revenue.

    A more viable solution is to start games at Noon or 1230. I hate waiting until 1300 anyway.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Never happen because they would extend into the evening television Primetime shows. Starting that late would screw up the programming for Sunday evenings for more than half the broadcast year. The advertisers for thoise shows are not the same as football therefore potential lost revenue.

    A more viable solution is to start games at Noon or 1230. I hate waiting until 1300 anyway.
    Some might argue that would interfere with church schedules. I always figured they did it out of respect to God or something.

    Although church/God and NFL violence don't really mix, so who cares if you make some folks have to choose between church and the early game.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    1,875
    Agree with Oviedo - I'd love the early games to start at 12:00 and then start the late games earlier. It's insane to have a 4:25 game not finish until a few minutes after 8:00 at night.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,495
    How CBS getting their heads out of their butts and putting on the 4:25 game at it's kickoff. You wanna watch the end of a 1pm game, then get NFL Sunday Ticket. Isn't that the point???
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Agree with Oviedo - I'd love the early games to start at 12:00 and then start the late games earlier. It's insane to have a 4:25 game not finish until a few minutes after 8:00 at night.
    Why not do the games at sunrise? I'm always up. It'd be great to get the games over early and get the rest of your Sunday back. Plus it would be fan friendly because there's never early Sunday morning traffic.

    And the drunks could go straight from the bar to the tailgate, so you might curb some drunk driving in the process.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,822
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Some might argue that would interfere with church schedules. I always figured they did it out of respect to God or something.

    Although church/God and NFL violence don't really mix, so who cares if you make some folks have to choose between church and the early game.

    They are already interfering in church because if you live in the central time zone or further west a 1:00 game is 12:00 noon or earlier.

    If you want to go to church there are multiple services and even Saturday night. I know mine is at 9:30
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They are already interfering in church because if you live in the central time zone or further west a 1:00 game is 12:00 noon or earlier.

    If you want to go to church there are multiple services and even Saturday night. I know mine is at 9:30
    When I lived in Pittsburgh, I loved church on game days. You would be out in 45 minutes flat.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They are already interfering in church because if you live in the central time zone or further west a 1:00 game is 12:00 noon or earlier.

    If you want to go to church there are multiple services and even Saturday night. I know mine is at 9:30
    The Catholics and the Jews have more respect for Football with their Saturday services.

    I kinda wish God would go on primetime TV and announce Wedensdays are the new God's day. That way Chickfila would be open on the weekends. And we might be able to get an extra day off work.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Why not do the games at sunrise? I'm always up. It'd be great to get the games over early and get the rest of your Sunday back. Plus it would be fan friendly because there's never early Sunday morning traffic.

    And the drunks could go straight from the bar to the tailgate, so you might curb some drunk driving in the process.
    When I lived in the western time zone it was awesome for football. Saturday's, College Game Day was on by 7am and the first games were on by 9:00 (Bloody Mary, anyone?). 14 or 15 hours of non-stop games. And then Sunday's had the Steelers at 10:00. Game finished by 1:00 and you still had your whole day ahead of you to do whatever. It was a great schedule.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •