Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mendehall Comes Back In Week 5...

Rookie

User Info Menu

I would imagine that the Steelers offense will stress ball security during the bye week practices...

Fumbling 4 times and losing 2? That's not acceptable at all...

The Steelers' offense put up a lot of points yesterday...but two turnovers (out of 4 fumbles) can't happen, period...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Dwyer's fumble yesterday was because he was lacksidasical with ball security...he was barely hit and lost the ball...
    I would disagree with this, he had both hands on the ball, he was hit pretty quickly after receiving the handoff, sometimes fumbles just happen. I hate turnovers, but I don't think this was a case of being lacksidaical.

Legend

User Info Menu

It was pretty clear early on that the Raiders were going for a strip on nearly every play. It only takes one to turn a game and the Steelers defense has been remarkably inept at takeaways going back to last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: "Mendy coming back in Week 5" - IMO, it doesn't matter one bit whether he comes back or not ... not that our offense won't be better, but if we can' win games with yesterday's offensive production, the offense isn't the problem.

Starting with the Fitz run up the middle in the SB ... seems to me that our defense is completely unreliable. Great stats, yes. Beat Tebow in a play off game? ... not exactly.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Re: "Mendy coming back in Week 5" - IMO, it doesn't matter one bit whether he comes back or not ... not that our offense won't be better, but if we can' win games with yesterday's offensive production, the offense isn't the problem.

Starting with the Fitz run up the middle in the SB ... seems to me that our defense is completely unreliable. Great stats, yes. Beat Tebow in a play off game? ... not exactly.

Agree with you SASF. Some people continue to believe the next guy up at RB will be the savior. First Dwyer (how'd that work out for ya), now Mendenhall. I don't see a huge difference from what is on the field already. Maybe RM has potential to take it to the house on any given play, but I seem to have heard that last season as well. Look it up, Mendenhall made most of his big yards on the Steelers half of the field. He as noticeably inefficient on the opponents half.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 09-24-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Mendenhall has scored 23 rushing TDs over the last two seasons...16 of those have been runs in the red zone...