Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mendehall Comes Back In Week 5...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Mendehall Comes Back In Week 5...

...so, which RB takes his place on the inactive list?

Based on the first three games, my guess is Dwyer...

Dwyer played fairly well in Game 1, averaging almost 5 YpC...but, has fallen off tremendously since then, including the horrible fumble yesterday...

Redman has hardly lit up the field, but has improved since week 1...

Batch has also improved since week 1 and seems to perform well without the ball in pass pro...

Rainey is staying in...

Thoughts?

Legend

User Info Menu

Dwyers fumble yesterday was because Ramon Foster let someone run right past him and then stood there like an idiot watching Mendy get hit almost as soon as he got the football.

Maybe with Mendy we will be able to score 40 points because we may have to give our defense that much of a cushion.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Dwyers fumble yesterday was because Ramon Foster let someone run right past him and then stood there like an idiot watching Mendy get hit almost as soon as he got the football.

Maybe with Mendy we will be able to score 40 points because we may have to give our defense that much of a cushion.
    shades of GB? lol...

Mendy is blamed for the SB fumble so I guess it's Dwyers fault... I don't agree but man, I don't think Mendy will have much success behind this OL. They stink.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    shades of GB? lol...

Mendy is blamed for the SB fumble so I guess it's Dwyers fault... I don't agree but man, I don't think Mendy will have much success behind this OL. They stink.
    Mendy will run out of the spread and be used in the passing game. Haley isn't gonna make Mendy run behind 3 TEs with 11 defenders in the box.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendy is coming off an injury... he isn't going to come back and run circles around defenders IMO. I hope he does but I doubt it...

Legend

User Info Menu

shades of GB? lol...

The offensive line actually did a great job of keeping Ben clean until Gilbert got hurt and was replaced by Beachum. He was a complete and unmitigated disaster.

I don't expect Mendenhall to be great, but I think the running game almost has to improve when he is back. Ideally, when he's healthy, I think you want Mendenhall with 15-20 carries per game and Redman with 5-10.

Legend

User Info Menu

..and like I said earlier... Gilbert rarely finishes a game. He's always "dinged up" just enough to plug in a scrub to ruin the continuity on the OL.

Funny thing is I saw Gilbert and thought, wow, he is going to finish a game and Ben has been pretty clean all day. 2 plays later... Beachum.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Dwyer's fumble yesterday was because he was lacksidasical with ball security...he was barely hit and lost the ball...

Legend

User Info Menu

..and like I said earlier... Gilbert rarely finishes a game. He's always "dinged up" just enough to plug in a scrub to ruin the continuity on the OL.

Funny thing is I saw Gilbert and thought, wow, he is going to finish a game and Ben has been pretty clean all day. 2 plays later... Beachum.
    I really think that was a huge factor at the end of the game. When Gilbert came back out, the Raiders attacked Beachum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Dwyer's fumble yesterday was because he was lacksidasical with ball security...he was barely hit and lost the ball...
    $$$$
    Foster was bad on the play, but Dwyer should have held onto the ball.