Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry Foote To Replacement Refs: 'You Should Go Kill Yourselves"

Legend

User Info Menu

Larry Foote To Replacement Refs: "You Should Go Kill Yourselves"

Steelers' Larry Foote To Replacement Refs: "You Should Go Kill Yourselves"

by Charlie Wilmoth • Sep 24, 2012

Deadspin notes KDKA's Jory Rand's reporting about Larry Foote telling the replacement refs, "You should go kill yourselves" after the Steelers' loss against the Raiders Sunday.

Larry Foote was the first Steeler to exit the field. I was set up nearby for our postgame show, and heard someone scream, "You should go kill yourselves. Y'all (bleep)ing suck!"

I leaned around the corner and saw Foote enter the Steelers room, while several officials, entering their room, craned their neck to see who it was that had yelled at them.

Foote had already left the room by the time media was allowed in so we were unable to ask him about it.

Foote was upset about a play in which the Raiders' Willie Smith took out Ziggy Hood's knees. Hood was injured on the play, and the Steelers were apoplectic. Hood managed to walk off the field, but his status is currently unclear.

The lack of calls on plays like these this season has been frustrating, but Foote's comments still went way over the line. We'll see whether the NFL has anything to say about them.

[URL="http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/2012/9/24/3383448/steelers-larry-foote-replacement-refs-kill-yourselves"]http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/2012/...ill-yourselves[/URL]
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 09-25-2012 at 04:01 AM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

Where's the security tape?

Actually, that's not an uncommon (though unfortunate) turn of phrase in some African-American communities...

Legend

User Info Menu

That's crap; I hope the NFL can review the tape and fine him, the way the Steeler defense played in that game is the only thing that was an abomination, fine him and suspend him. The Steelers need to man up and play football.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's waaaay too far. He needs to be suspended a game. A lot of people need to be suspended this week....Including the replacement refs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    That's waaaay too far. He needs to be suspended a game. A lot of people need to be suspended this week....Including the replacement refs.
    The Steeler organization should fine the defense 1/7 of a weeks paycheck each, because they didn't show up for work Sunday and didn't tell anyone they were taking the day off.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't blame the replacement refs for this mess. They were asked to do a job that they are clearly not qualified to do.

I blame the league office for not settling the lockout with the officials. I have no idea what the refs are asking for but enough is enough. Now all of these blown calls are directly affecting the outcome of games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is a failure of administration of the NFL. The replacements are doing about the best they can. They are in very difficult circumstances. Foote's anger is misdirected. That game last night in Seattle was a joke because the NFL has allowed these conditions to exist.​

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe we should trade him for a 5th rounder to the Jets and use that pick to land us a guy like Patrick Willis.

At least he didnt Tweet it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    ...the way the Steeler defense played in that game is the only thing that was an abomination...

Pappy
    No, the officiating was also an abomination...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Steeler organization should fine the defense 1/7 of a weeks paycheck each
    I was thinking how cool it might be if the NFL paid like Golf. Strictly on outcome. Teams get paid based on next year's draft order. The majority of the money goes to the SuperBowl winner. And teams split the money equally amongst players and staff. And to make it more fun, there's no roster limits. You wanna dress 100, go for it. You wanna play with 30 guys so each makes more money, go for it.

Could you set up a system in another football league where with significantly less revenue, you could afford to pay top NFL talent more money than they could make in the NFL? The right system and you might be able to steal a lot of NFL players away.