Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's really bothered me for the last five years

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I actually feel a bit bad for Big Ben this past game. He was basically having a career best day, only to end up with a loss.
    It's laughable how many of you are celebrating Ben having a good game. Is it because we haven't had many good games from Ben to celebrate? As usual, too bad he came up short when we needed him to make a play the most.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    It's laughable how many of you are celebrating Ben having a good game. Is it because we haven't had many good games from Ben to celebrate? As usual, too bad he came up short when we needed him to make a play the most.
    Ben Roethlisberger was among the top five QBs in passer rating in 2004 (5th), 2005 (3rd), 2007 (2nd), 2009 (5th) and 2010 (5th), and is so far in 2012 (2nd). Seems to me like he's had plenty of good games in his career.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger was among the top five QBs in passer rating in 2004 (5th), 2005 (3rd), 2007 (2nd), 2009 (5th) and 2010 (5th), and is so far in 2012 (2nd). Seems to me like he's had plenty of good games in his career.
    Don't bother. You're talking to a wall.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Administrator

User Info Menu

He's had a lot of good days but I think this was a career best in TD passes.

I can be critical of BB but not in this case. The 'D gave up 34 points. How is that on Ben? He has ZERO running game, a crappy defense, and a o-line that is banged up. Ben carried the team the entire day and somehow the loss is his fault because he didn't make a play?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    And he's had plenty of bad games as well. Of course, they're never talked about or they are aways blamed on the defense, OC, OL. Pretty stats do not necessarily equate to game winning, situational football.

Rookie

User Info Menu

And he's had plenty of bad games as well. Of course, they're never talked about or they are aways blamed on the defense, OC, OL. Pretty stats do not necessarily equate to game winning, situational football.
    Like the Steelers' final drive of SB XLIII?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    He's had a lot of good days but I think this was a career best in TD passes.

I can be critical of BB but not in this case. The 'D gave up 34 points. How is that on Ben? He has ZERO running game, a crappy defense, and a o-line that is banged up. Ben carried the team the entire day and somehow the loss is his fault because he didn't make a play?
    Because his last pass of the game was incomplete, that makes him a bum.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

We were able to keep the ball a fair amount of time even without a great running game.

If it weren't for 2 lost fumbles we likely put up 40 points and have close to 40 mins TOP

Who cares if its not the 'Steeler way'. Especially if the defense plays even 10% of what they're supposed to play like when healthy

Thats dominating football

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm not sure what all the analysis is about this game. It's pretty simple ... the defense didn't do it's job. That doesn't mean that other areas didn't have mistakes. It just means that the defense played lousy.

I think the discussion should be 'why' the defense played lousy. I know some here think it's because of LeBeau and others think it's a lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball. I think it's mostly on the players and here is why:

- Keisel ... doing his best impression of Aaron Smith from last year
    - Hampton ... how can a guy that big be invisible during a game?
    - Timmons ... Thought his play last year was because they switched his position but this year its no better (and I'm a Timmons fan).
    - Woodley ... very inconsistent but a lot of this I put on DL. He's our best pass rusher so use him that way ALL the time.
    - Harrison ... not on the field. He needs to play for our scheme to be effective
    - Troy ... also not on the field. He also needs to play for our scheme to work.
    - Hood ... who?
    - Mundy ... why?

My kudos on the defensive side of the ball go out to what I call our "glue" players which are players that hold everything together. Those guys are Ryan Clark and Larry Foote who have been solid like always. Nothing too flashy but just good sound foodball. Aside from them there isn't much I've seen that I like.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm critical of Ben at times but dammit... he had a great game. If admitting it scares you or puts the fear of God in your heart then don't post after he puts up 4TD's and 380 yards.