Thread: Wake me up when its next year!

Backup

User Info Menu

Wake me up when its next year!

Some Benefits a year from now...

Butler new Def Coach---I love ya D. Lebeau but that was a watered down defense with no pressure on the quarterback and our cb's 10 yards off the wr. SACK THE QB!!!!

1 year into the new offense

DeCastro back in action, Adams a year under his belt

Healthy Mendy if resigned

A Def that puts pressure on QB

Hopefully a newly drafted CB to take the place of "I do nothing" K. Lewis

I would rather lose a hard fought defensive struggle 10-7 than that mess!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not ready to throw in the towel but I agree with a lot of what you wrote.

LeBeau has to go. He has lost it but that was obvious the past couple years but no one wanted to see it.

The OL needs to continue to improve.

The defense needs to go back to being in attack mode on every play not just when LeBeau has a gas pain.

31 points should win 90% of every game we play if we had a semblance of a decent defensive performance. Wasn't even close yesterday
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LeBeau's scheme probably has to change. But it's not him playing the games. Give me play makers any day over a coordinator. We had that in those 3 Super Bowls. But now, without Troy, Harrison, Farrior, etc, this team (especially D) is missing play makers. LeBeau is not the problem. The players are.

We turn over the ball many times in the first few games and with the Steelers D it's a miracle to even sniff a turnover.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    LeBeau's scheme probably has to change. But it's not him playing the games. Give me play makers any day over a coordinator. We had that in those 3 Super Bowls. But now, without Troy, Harrison, Farrior, etc, this team (especially D) is missing play makers. LeBeau is not the problem. The players are.

We turn over the ball many times in the first few games and with the Steelers D it's a miracle to even sniff a turnover.
    It is him not calling the blitz and being agrressive. The players are executing the plays he calls and he isn't aggressive anymore. Like I said it is almost like he coaches afraid of the big mistake. Freakin attack!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The D's that look most effective, to me, are all highly aggressive. Our D has shown effectiveness when more aggressive. Turn it down into a read-and-react, tackle after the catch coverage D, and we are bad. Losing to mediocre talent when the O puts up 31 in spite of fumbles by 27 and 84 (which were both 7-point turnarounds) and there is no way to not raise big questions. Neither a 4-3 or a 3-4 will succeed without a highly aggressive quality. My 2cts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We ARE being aggressive with what we have. It ain't working.