Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the NFL just the NBA now?

Legend

User Info Menu

soccer? good lord...

I'm sorry but this whole "I'm watching more soccer" is hilarious...

those guys flop more than whores on payday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    soccer? good lord...

those guys flop more than whores on payday
    But is that more than a WR covered 1-on-1 down the sideline?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    soccer? good lord...

those guys flop more than whores on payday.
    I'm not sure what is hilarious about it; I get it, a lot don't care for soccer, but the reality is I'm watching more of whatever else is on and not NFL football unless the Steelers are playing. I'm in a hotel room with very little to do in Birmingham, AL and I didn't watch the ravens vs pats from start to finish. I caught the last 5-6 minutes and brief glimpses as a channel surfed during commercials of National Treasure which I've seen a handful of times, but it's still more entertaining than an NFL football game in which I don't have a vested interest.

That's me, clearly, I'm in the minority as evidenced by the ratings, but this new version of the NFL sucks as far as I'm concerned and it isn't the refereeing that is turning me away.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky View Post
    The NFL is becoming unwatchable for me. It used to be a field position game where if you got the ball inside your own ten and made a few first downs before punting, that was considered a good drive because you switched the field position. And game winning, two-minute drives were exciting because they were the exception, not the rule. Combine that with the ridiculous amount of advertising and Jim Nants taking time between plays to tell me about some sit-com that's sure to be cancelled within the next month and I'm pretty much done with it. And that's not to mention the games taking way longer with the replacement refs.

Yesterday, I tuned in for the end of the late games on CBS and it was interesting enough. I just don't see myself caring about a league where I can only stand to watch the last five minutes of a game.

I'm like a few people above, I much prefer watching a soccer game than a football game at this point. My sense is that I'm probably nothing more than a fair-weather Steelers fan at this point. So if this season looks like a flame-out, I likely won't be watching any football. (Not that I want to be a fair-weather Steeler fan; it's just that I'm finding the new NFL boring).
    I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, so, I have the Steelers in my blood and that isn't ever going to wane. I love watching Steeler football and it's still exciting even with all the warts. But, for other NFL games I'm with you 100%, I have two boys they play soccer and lacrosse and each game is awesome to watch once you understand the rules and take the time to be open to something different.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount