Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the NFL just the NBA now?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'm already a soccer fan and will watch a good soccer match instead of a football game except Steeler games. The Steeler games are the only ones I have any interest in watching. I'm traveling and staying in a hotel in Birmingham and only watched the last 5 or 6 minutes of last night's game, it was a good game and I was a captive audience, not much to do in Birmingham. I've already made the decision on the NFL and football in general. My kids, while Steeler fans, only want to watch games if I watch with them. It may take time, but over time (probably after I'm no longer extant) the NFL will suffer for the decisions being made today, IMHO.

Pappy
    Pretty much the same for me but I've become a huge soccer fan because my daughters have played i for the past 15 years and I have a daughter playing in college now. Once you understand soccer it is actually very interesting. Many of the same principles as hockey and I love hockey.

I still watch mny NFL games but always the Steelers. I really don't mind the offense. To me that is more enjoyable than watching punters and kickers take center stage.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm watching as much football as possible. I'm seeing defenses intercept passes, return some for TD's. Sack QB's, hit QB's, force fumbles, return fumbles for TD's.

7 teams were held to 14 or less points yesterday... if our D had any balls we would have held a bad Oakland team to 14 points.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm watching as much football as possible. I'm seeing defenses intercept passes, return some for TD's. Sack QB's, hit QB's, force fumbles, return fumbles for TD's.

7 teams were held to 14 or less points yesterday... if our D had any balls we would have held a bad Oakland team to 14 points.
    "Sack a QB", what is that?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    "Sack a QB", what is that?
    I've been told it's when a defensive player applies pressure behind the offenses OL and wraps his arms around the guy who is trying to throw the football and brings him to the ground.... I've heard it has the ability to change the momentum in a game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I've been told it's when a defensive player applies pressure behind the offenses OL and wraps his arms around the guy who is trying to throw the football and brings him to the ground.... I've heard it has the ability to change the momentum in a game.
    Does it happen often when you rush only 3 or 4 people?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Does it happen often when you rush only 3 or 4 people?
    Did you not see the end of the game when the Steelers were bringing extra guys and it was getting picked up?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Did you not see the end of the game when the Steelers were bringing extra guys and it was getting picked up?
    Yes and that was the problem. They knew what was coming because it was the end of the game and we were desperate for the stop. Where was it the whole game. That is the problem...no surprise, predictable defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

The beginning of the Rats, Pats game had blitzes by the DB's on their first possessions. You have to get pressure early on these QB's...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Actually, the Ravens won because their Qb put them in position to score late. Flacco scored in the 4th quarter and thats why they won. Those are the hurtful facts
    Yeah, right steelers43...... I mean.... stopplayn. Flacco is now the elite QB. Ben and Brady aren't.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The NFL is becoming unwatchable for me. It used to be a field position game where if you got the ball inside your own ten and made a few first downs before punting, that was considered a good drive because you switched the field position. And game winning, two-minute drives were exciting because they were the exception, not the rule. Combine that with the ridiculous amount of advertising and Jim Nants taking time between plays to tell me about some sit-com that's sure to be cancelled within the next month and I'm pretty much done with it. And that's not to mention the games taking way longer with the replacement refs.

Yesterday, I tuned in for the end of the late games on CBS and it was interesting enough. I just don't see myself caring about a league where I can only stand to watch the last five minutes of a game.

I'm like a few people above, I much prefer watching a soccer game than a football game at this point. My sense is that I'm probably nothing more than a fair-weather Steelers fan at this point. So if this season looks like a flame-out, I likely won't be watching any football. (Not that I want to be a fair-weather Steeler fan; it's just that I'm finding the new NFL boring).
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]