Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been telling you all for years,....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Been telling you all for years,....

That Ben was not a cerebral, accurate, consistent and polished QB and that his entire "game" was/is predicated upon plays breaking down. Even coined the term "backyard Ben" before Joey said it publicly.

That Tomlin,...though being a Charismatic leader of men,... has limited acumen in terms of evaluating talent that can and or will succeed at an optimum or better level within the league. (ESPECIALLY on the defensive side of the ball)

But none of that matters at this point,...as we are all (whether we agree or not) nearly at the "watch it all burn and rebuild for years" period. But,..you know what,...so be it. I have been loyal to this franchise since my childhood,...and that will never change.

Bottom line to me is,.,...ANY unit, organization, team, government, group, and or people wins, loses, lives and dies together. (No matter how responsible for success or failure of the whole each individual aspect of said whole is)

Backup

User Info Menu

Oh, look; another know-nothing to ignore!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Is the OP being ironic?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who's been telling us for years? I'd love to give you your due credit, but this is your first and only post. If this was meant as humor, bravo. It's up there with Clint Eastwood's chair.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wow, what a way to start off with your first post. It's full of negativity and ridicule. I'd say welcome to the board, but after reading your first post, feel free to leave.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Obviously, he probably used to post using another board name. And he is right: Most of Ben's success comes from plays where he just holds the ball, buys time, play breaks down and he finds someone open, just like back yard football. The TD to Wallace is a perfect example. The play continued due to Ben buying time and Wallace kept running until he was streaking across the end zone with his hand in the air. That was not the original play, I am pretty sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

SteelCzar goes way back to the old Tribune days before it died over night. I thought he had logged an ID here but maybe it was at Stillers Nation? I thought he posted a lot about the o and d line play (maybe I'm making that up). Also thought he was a prtetty knowledgable football person.

Anyway.... I'm just not sure I understand criticizing Ben coming off a 4TD, 384 yard, 123 QB rating game (all done with NO running game whatsoever)? Are we really to the point where putting up 31 points and having a 10 point lead twice in the second half isn't enough (against one of the worst teams in the NFL). Is the expectation that Ben has to score a TD every single time the O gets the ball or he's a failure? It's an absurdity. He was the best player on that field yesterday for either team and it's not that close. His backyard play lead to a beautiful TD pass to Wallace where most QB's run for 5 or 6. The D was so putrid Tomlin went for a 4th down when turning the ball over was already a "gimmee" field goal. Total lack of trust in the D. The D better find some talent, pride, and most importantly heart, in the next two weeks or this team loses 7 more games on top of the 2 so far.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    SteelCzar goes way back to the old Tribune days before it died over night. I thought he had logged an ID here but maybe it was at Stillers Nation? I thought he posted a lot about the o and d line play (maybe I'm making that up). Also thought he was a prtetty knowledgable football person.

Anyway.... I'm just not sure I understand criticizing Ben coming off a 4TD, 384 yard, 123 QB rating game (all done with NO running game whatsoever)? Are we really to the point where putting up 31 points and having a 10 point lead twice in the second half isn't enough (against one of the worst teams in the NFL). Is the expectation that Ben has to score a TD every single time the O gets the ball or he's a failure? It's an absurdity. He was the best player on that field yesterday for either team and it's not that close. His backyard play lead to a beautiful TD pass to Wallace where most QB's run for 5 or 6. The D was so putrid Tomlin went for a 4th down when turning the ball over was already a "gimmee" field goal. Total lack of trust in the D. The D better find some talent, pride, and most importantly heart, in the next two weeks or this team loses 7 more games on top of the 2 so far.
    I remember a poster with a lot of knowledge on the lines and some inside sources (I think a former player) but I thought he was a "T" Tsar, not a "C" csar.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good memory Philly. Now that you say that; I think you are correct - it was a T.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I remember a poster with a lot of knowledge on the lines and some inside sources (I think a former player) but I thought he was a "T" Tsar, not a "C" csar.
    Webster's Dictionary Definition:

SteelCzar, aka SteelCzar76

A curious creature who only seems to appear following a Pittsburgh Steelers loss. Often complaining about Head Coach Mike Tomlin, Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and certain members of the defensive unit. Claims to be well versed in the inexact science of the NFL draft. Begins many posts with "I told you so..."