Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been telling you all for years,....

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    SteelCzar goes way back to the old Tribune days before it died over night. I thought he had logged an ID here but maybe it was at Stillers Nation? I thought he posted a lot about the o and d line play (maybe I'm making that up). Also thought he was a prtetty knowledgable football person.

Anyway.... I'm just not sure I understand criticizing Ben coming off a 4TD, 384 yard, 123 QB rating game (all done with NO running game whatsoever)? Are we really to the point where putting up 31 points and having a 10 point lead twice in the second half isn't enough (against one of the worst teams in the NFL). Is the expectation that Ben has to score a TD every single time the O gets the ball or he's a failure? It's an absurdity. He was the best player on that field yesterday for either team and it's not that close. His backyard play lead to a beautiful TD pass to Wallace where most QB's run for 5 or 6. The D was so putrid Tomlin went for a 4th down when turning the ball over was already a "gimmee" field goal. Total lack of trust in the D. The D better find some talent, pride, and most importantly heart, in the next two weeks or this team loses 7 more games on top of the 2 so far.

You said it. Too many will always try to blame the "O" for not doing enough so they won't have to face the reality about a stale, out of date defense that fools no one except ourselves.

The offense has not disappointed this season and they are lerning a completely new scheme with a new OC. On defense, same, same DC and same failures in holding a lead and getting a big stop or turnover against just decent QBs. The QBs don't even have to be elite anymore to move up and down the field with no opposition.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    And Bens 3 other TDs were the first option.

What you harp about being a negative is actually a positive in today's game. Get in Bradys or mannings face and he isn't the same QB. Get in the face of Ben or someone else that can scramble like Rodgers and they can buy time and kill you downfield. Defenses worst nightmare

Hall of Famer
    BTW. tsar is at another site I post on and is indeed a 'expert' on the trenches

Don't think that's him

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    SteelCzar goes way back to the old Tribune days before it died over night. I thought he had logged an ID here but maybe it was at Stillers Nation? I thought he posted a lot about the o and d line play (maybe I'm making that up). Also thought he was a prtetty knowledgable football person.

Anyway.... I'm just not sure I understand criticizing Ben coming off a 4TD, 384 yard, 123 QB rating game (all done with NO running game whatsoever)? Are we really to the point where putting up 31 points and having a 10 point lead twice in the second half isn't enough (against one of the worst teams in the NFL). Is the expectation that Ben has to score a TD every single time the O gets the ball or he's a failure? It's an absurdity. He was the best player on that field yesterday for either team and it's not that close. His backyard play lead to a beautiful TD pass to Wallace where most QB's run for 5 or 6. The D was so putrid Tomlin went for a 4th down when turning the ball over was already a "gimmee" field goal. Total lack of trust in the D. The D better find some talent, pride, and most importantly heart, in the next two weeks or this team loses 7 more games on top of the 2 so far.
    Quoted for truth, the defense needs to grow a set and stop whining about refereeing.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Webster's Dictionary Definition:

SteelCzar, aka SteelCzar76

A curious creature who only seems to appear following a Pittsburgh Steelers loss. Often complaining about Head Coach Mike Tomlin, Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and certain members of the defensive unit. Claims to be well versed in the inexact science of the NFL draft. Begins many posts with "I told you so..."
    Now that you mention it, I think I remember him, too. Two very different czars, or tsars, as the case may be.