Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Timmons still sucks in run defense

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Sadly, Mundy isn't even a poor man's Polamalu.
    Mundy isn't making 60 million either.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Starter

User Info Menu

Not to say Timmons hasn't been underperforming, but Kaboly was dead wrong in his earlier article. It was Keisel who was in the wrong spot on the long McFadden TD run, not Timmons. This article breaks it all down. [url]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09/breaking-down-the-long-touchdown-run-by-darren-mcfadden-against-the-steelers/[/url]

Keisel admitted as much today in an interview.

Again, not absolving Timmons of blame for some of the defensive lapses, but the long TD was not one of them.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Not to say Timmons hasn't been underperforming, but Kaboly was dead wrong in his earlier article. It was Keisel who was in the wrong spot on the long McFadden TD run, not Timmons. This article breaks it all down. [URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09/breaking-down-the-long-touchdown-run-by-darren-mcfadden-against-the-steelers/[/URL]

Keisel admitted as much today in an interview.

Again, not absolving Timmons of blame for some of the defensive lapses, but the long TD was not one of them.
    I'm not trying to blame the loss on Timmons. I'm also not overreacting and trying to throw a player under the bus for 1 loss. I'm simply saying that Timmons isn't a good 3-4 ILB and he's largely weak in run defense. He always has been and this year isn't any different.

He's just not good for a 3-4 scheme.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Could have stopped the title as sucks. Cause even his 'forte' of covering TEs/ RBs isn't very good either as illustrated in the article

No name TE beat him on that 3rd and 10. When the D DEAPERATELY needed a stop

All this from the 2nd highest drafted player on the team

Legend

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, it appears that the past couple drafts in which the Steelers were hoping to reload the defensive front 7 aren't panning out. The players looked promising as long as Steeler veterans were still playing at a high level, Smith, Hampton, Kiesel and Farrior. They're gone (except Kiesel) and the draftees now have 2, 3, or 4 years experience under their belts and they aren't producing the results that you would expect as the starters and not the role players.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Are our LBs getting free passes to the Golden Coral?

Timmons and Worldis look as big as some DLinemen.

Why do these guys need to beef up? I swear Farrior played the run as good as any LB ever and he looked about the size of a CB. Maybe Farrior had some extra dense muscle or something, but I swear I've seen him and he looked like a guy that would be pretty close to 200 lbs.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Unfortunately, it appears that the past couple drafts in which the Steelers were hoping to reload the defensive front 7 aren't panning out. The players looked promising as long as Steeler veterans were still playing at a high level, Smith, Hampton, Kiesel and Farrior. They're gone (except Kiesel) and the draftees now have 2, 3, or 4 years experience under their belts and they aren't producing the results that you would expect as the starters and not the role players.

Pappy
    I guess I'm not ready to concede the season with 13 games left to play...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I guess I'm not ready to concede the season with 13 games left to play...
    I'm not conceding the season, but players that were drafted in the first round need to begin playing first round talent and not 4th or 5th round talent, Hood, Timmons, Heyward to be specific. Thjese players were drafted to replace Smith, Hampton and Farrior and the results so far are underwhelming.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm not conceding the season, but players that were drafted in the first round need to begin playing first round talent and not 4th or 5th round talent, Hood, Timmons, Heyward to be specific. Thjese players were drafted to replace Smith, Hampton and Farrior and the results so far are underwhelming.

Pappy
    They do need to put Heyward on the field more...he plays behind Keisel who had a terrible day on Sunday...

Out of Heyward, Hood and Timmons, only one of them sees limited snaps...and that's the guy who recorded a sack...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pappy
    Exactly.
    Think back to this era's glory days (i.e. 2005-ish). We were full of young difference-makers: Polamalu, Ben, Miller, Hampton, Ward, Smith, Peezy, Ike... now, who do we got? AB, Wallace, maybe Pouncey, and ONE defender--Woodley. Every other young players consistently fails to distinguish themselves in any way. CHRIS f'n CARTER. ZIGGY HOOD. CORTEZ ALLEN/KEENAN LEWIS. CAM HEYWARD. TIMMONS. (just ignoring offensive players for a sec)

Have ANY of these guys done ONE THING that you can recall in 3 games so far? Most of them should be ASHAMED at the lack of production they've had. That's the big problem.