Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben was Huge for 3 Quarters

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wow...will this thread never end???? stopplayin is nothing more than a troll who likes to stir the pot and look for an argument.

I'm sure he'll reply, but since he's on ignore I won't see it

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    Wow...will this thread never end???? stopplayin is nothing more than a troll who likes to stir the pot and look for an argument.

I'm sure he'll reply, but since he's on ignore I won't see it
    But...but...

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by virgilbosetti View Post
    Hand picking stats is a good way to put it. I could say 4 way stop signs aren't necessary and pull up thousands of intersections across the country that don't have 4way stop signs or accidents. Does that really prove they're not needed? Not really.
    Handpicked? Every game is vs a top 10 D. Do the same for Brady, Manning and the other elites. What do you find?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    I asked you to provide stats from ANY QB that did better against "top" defenses than defenses that were not. I don't see any evidence to that effect. And why would you hand pick those three quarterbacks and their stats vs our defense? To do it correctly wouldn't you need to show their statistics against all of the top defenses as you did for Ben. Again, that's just bad form...and very telling.

Define "subpar" and "good". Who exactly are "elite quarterbacks" and who and what decides that criteria? I have yet to see evidence that any QB plays better against top defenses than non-top defenses. Still waiting...
    I dont watch EVERY game the elite qbs play. I just watch EVERY Steeler game. ITS YOUR JOB to prove me wrong so YOU do the homework. I provided my proof against Ben, YOU stated you wanted to see what the stats to the others vs a top D are. So if you want to know then YOU do the research. I have provided Mannings stats vs US, as well as Brees and Brady. The stats are EXCELLENT and we are a TOP D. Why do they do so well vs us and Ben struggles vs an elite D? The answer is the one that you dont like. Oh well.

My case was against Ben. If you want evidence of the others then again DO THE RESEARCH. We had our TOUGHEST schedule ever in 08. Look at Bens stats that season. Ben had TWENTY FOUR turnovers that year. Elite? Hardly.

Lastly, Ben is GOOD just not elite. If you think different then that is your opinion. The only arguement you have is that "Ben wins". Well so does Batch and Dixon and Kordell (All Bums) so I by your definition are they eleete. (Mispelling just for you sir lol)

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben Roethlisberger is 10-4 in the playoffs with 21 TDS and 18 INTS. Yep thats elite

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger is 10-4 in the playoffs with 21 TDS and 18 INTS. Yep thats elite
    Well, 10 playoff wins is good for #8 all time...

His .714 win % also ranks among the greats...especially among those who played in more than 10 playoff games...it ranks ahead of Joe Montana, John Elway, Brett Favre, and Roger Staubach...

He is one of 11 QBs with multipe SB wins...

Yep, that's elite...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    But...but...

Now that is hilarious

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

His .714 win % also ranks among the greats...especially among those who played in more than 10 playoff games...it ranks ahead of Joe Montana, John Elway, Brett Favre, and Roger Staubach...

Yep, that's elite...
    You quoted ALL TEAM accolades. All I need to know. THX for playing

Rookie

User Info Menu

So, Montana, Elway and Staubach are not elite?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

Yep, that's elite...
    .714 is a TEAM accolade. Why are you hesitant to list INDIVIDUAL accolades? Jim Mcmahon and Jim Plunkett are multiple Sb winners too. Elite? NOPE