Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben was Huge for 3 Quarters

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Troy hasn't performed well in SB's... and it wouldn't make sense to tout his play in those SB's if you were comparing him to another safety with 3 rings and 2 SB losses. (if that makes any sense, lol)

and I don't think stopplayin believes what he types.. he likes the attention.

Sounds like you're are hating

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Troy hasn't performed well in SB's... and it wouldn't make sense to tout his play in those SB's if you were comparing him to another safety with 3 rings and 2 SB losses. (if that makes any sense, lol)

and I don't think stopplayin believes what he types.. he likes the attention.
    How did Troy play poorly in SB 40? Do explain. In SB 43 and 45 he was injured and according to Wizenhunt made then run the ball more in the 1st half (trying to avoid Troy). Rodgers avoided Troy and targeted Clark. Too bad you all are die hard fans and dont understand the intricasies of a scheme. YOU DONT HAVE TO MAKE PLAYS to have an effect on Defense. Troy's mere pressence make a difference in where you will attack. Did you see Peyton Manning in week 1? The REST of the league has the same respect for Polamalu just check every poll. Why doesnt Ben get the same respect from his peers?

Backup

User Info Menu

If you dont see Joe Flacco improving at a faster pace than our Qb then you are BLIND

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    If you dont see Joe Flacco improving at a faster pace than our Qb then you are BLIND
    You might think Flacco is improving at a faster pace but in reality it's just that he was so far behind Ben from the start.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

How did Troy play poorly in SB 40? Do explain. In SB 43 and 45 he was injured and according to Wizenhunt made then run the ball more in the 1st half (trying to avoid Troy). Rodgers avoided Troy and targeted Clark. Too bad you all are die hard fans and dont understand the intricasies of a scheme. YOU DONT HAVE TO MAKE PLAYS to have an effect on Defense. Troy's mere pressence make a difference in where you will attack. Did you see Peyton Manning in week 1? The REST of the league has the same respect for Polamalu just check every poll. Why doesnt Ben get the same respect from his peers?
    lol... if someone pointed out the game planning and defensive schemes teams had to run to defend against a second year QB who is the size of a LB you wouldn't allow it.

We weren't even discussing presence.. we were talking about playing up to ones standards

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This thread amuses me. Here we are 11 pages in. SMH

The fact is that Ben Roethlisberger is the very best QB the Pittsburgh Steelers have EVER had. EVER. Are there things about his game that some might want to change? Sure. That doesn't take away from the fact that for better or worse, he is the best player at his position in the history of this storied franchise.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Offensive woes dont come about after ONE game. Offensive woes come about over a period of time.Brady has has Weis, Mcdaniel and Obrien as OC and it has never hindered him. Brady is the PRIMARY reason the Pats are elite. The defense is the reason the Steelers are elite. How many team MVPS does Ben have? Its seems the Steelers view him as I do. Good but not elite. I didnt rip Ben. You view it as ripping because you HATE what I say about Ben ( YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH).Brady keeps his team in the game vs the Giants. Ben played those SAME Giants in 08 and had FIVE turnovers and we lost big. Put Bens stats vs the Giants up and compare them to Bradys. TELL ME WHAT YOU FIND LOL
    And yet, you answer none of my points...

Perhaps you should follow the advice of your own screen name and stop playing...

Because in all of the drivel you posted above, you could not deny the hypocrisy you accuse others of having...

Legend

User Info Menu

4th quarter stats please. Carson Palmer was 11-14 123 yards and 2tds and 1 fg for 17 points and the W

Now list Bens 4th quarter stats. You know the ones that mean something?
    Fourth Q stats? Okay, how is this.........

Ben has 20 career 4th Q comebacks - tied for 18th all-time

Palmer has 12 and is tied for 73rd

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Really don't know why you guys bother. It should be obvious that a poster like the one above will take whatever facts you give him and ignore them if they don't fit their personal agenda, then try to find another stat to misinterpret. These people are not interested in rational discourse. They are interested in their own agenda and ignore all else to that end.

For example, even though he himself asked for 4th quarter stats and were given these:

...now he will find a way to fixate on something else and downplay those statistics. "I was talking about <insert some other stat involving the 4th quarter>". It's called moving the goalposts and no matter how many times these types of people are proven wrong they will just ignore the facts and move on to a different imagined stat that is all of a sudden so much more important than the last.

This is really just a waste of bandwidth IMO. (And so is my bitching about it, but hey, I feel better)
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Fourth Q stats? Okay, how is this.........

all 12 of Carson Palmer's 4th quarter comebacks probably came against Dick LeBeau...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha