Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben was Huge for 3 Quarters

Backup

User Info Menu

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/year/2006[/url]

#1 Ravens Game 1 Ben 21-41-214 and 2 INT's, NINE SACKS and one fumble lost for a TD. A. Thomas. The Ravens shut us out. The LETHARGIC one AGAIN, struggles against a top D.

#1 Ravens Game 2 Ben 15-31-156 1TD and 2INT's, 5 SACKS. So in TWO games vs. the #1 D he had ONE TD and FOUR INTS. I KNOW I KNOW he was hurt. LOL

#2 Jags-17-32-141 0 TD's and 2 INT'S. 2 Sack. Ben continued his trend of hitting his favorite receiver (Rashean Mathis) who picked him twice- AGAIN. LETHARGIC Ben produced ZERO points in this game. I know I know "HE WAS HURT HE WAS HURT"

#3 Raiders Ben was 25-37-301 1TD and FOUR ints. And 5 sacks. Including TWO pick six's. Didn't I say Ben has HABITUALLY sucked in the redzone his WHOLE career? FACT. I know I know. HE WAS ALMOST KILLED IN JUNE.. Worth Noting- the opposing qb (Walter) was 5-14-51 yards and one int. AND HE WON. . Elite Ben managed THIRTEEN points.

#7 Carolina Ben was 10-17-125 1 TD and 3 sacks.

#10 Chargers 20-31-220 2 INTS and 5 Sacks. You guys this is too easy. You CANT use the excuse that "he was hurt". or it was Arians, or the line. I am proving that Ben is what I say he is. A good qb that plays with a strong defense. He puts up ok numbers vs. Good defenses or he sucks royally vs. them. This with Arians, Whiz, Good Line, Average Line, "Bad Line".

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/year/2005[/url]

#2 Bears 13-20-173 1TD zero sacks.

#5 Ravens Game 1 18-30-177 2TD's, 1 INT.2 sacks. I'm waiting for this guy to LIGHT UP AN ELITE D. YAWN

#5 Ravens Game 2 (Didn't play)

#11 Colts 17-26-133 1 TD 2INTS, 3 sacks.

#11 Colts playoffs 14-24-197 2TD's, 1 INT,2 sacks. Ben started off fast. I was loving this game. Then in the 2nd half the LETHARGIC one surfaced. Managed 7 WHOLE points the 2nd half. ENTER EXCUSES (Cowher, Whiz) LOL

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/year/2004[/url]

#3 Skins Super Ben was 9-20-131 NO TD's O INTS. 4 Sacks

#6 Ravens. The 1st Raven game was when Ben got his chance after Maddox got hurt. These stats are from game 2 vs. the Ravens. 14-19-221 2 TD's 1 INT. O Sacks

#7 Jets- 9-19-144 0 TD's 2INT's.

#9 Pats (reg season) 18-24-196 2 TD's 0 sacks. I remember this game! Nice Long ball to Plax. Ben played well. Int by Townsend- to the house. We controlled the ball for most of the game. If I recall right it was like 40 minutes.

#9 Pats (AFCCG) 14-24-226 2 TD's 3 INT's 1 Sack. Ben was a rookie and he played like it. UGH. Call it cheating, call it whatever but Ben sucked in this game like MOST vs. elite defenses.

There you have it Ben Roethlisberger makes a living feasting off of bad defenses. Put him up against an elite one and he is not so elite as I have ALWAYS said. He wins BECAUSE OF HIS DEFENSE and because he is on the Steelers. Do explain all of this HARCORE proof as to his pedestrian or pathetic stats vs. a good defense. I didn't just list random numbers, I listed teams and years so you could CALL MY BLUFF. I dont just take ONE SEASON (BENS STATISTICAL BEST) or ONE GAME. I take his whole career and BURY YOU WITH THE TRUTH.

Backup

User Info Menu

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/5536/year/2010/ben-roethlisberger[/url]

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/5536/year/2011/ben-roethlisberger[/url]

I guess I made up all of this proof? Let the excuses begin

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Hear that? Thats the sound of someone hating a sound intelligent football answer
    There was neither "hating" on my part nor a "sound intelligent football answer" on your part...and you know this...

If you want an example of a "sound intelligent football answer", please feel free to reread Eni's excellent posts...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    IF you think Ben was MVP (Elite) in that game then thats you. I dont. I saw MISSED opportunity after missed opportunity. Ben had a 20-7 lead (Defense). The game should have been a blowout.

Classic 43ism right there

BTW. does ben play play defense? It was a blowout (mor then 10 point lead in the 4th quarter)

Question for ya. How many teams have given up a lead of more then 10 points in Sthe 4th qr of SB

Again. Eli put up only 10 points vs NE's defense up until the last drive. Is that 'elite'

Why wasn't that game a blowout forthr giants considering they had kept the highest scoring offense in nfl history to 14 points
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 10-06-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

in the 3 games the 'smarter' charlie batch started for ben in 2010 he was sacked 8 times (tampa was a blowout by halftime).

almost 3 sacks. over 40 for if he plays 16 games

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    in the 3 games the 'smarter' charlie batch started for ben in 2010 he was sacked 8 times (tampa was a blowout by halftime).

almost 3 sacks. over 40 for if he plays 16 games
    ALMOST 3 sacks? So you disregard the 31 times he passed vs the ravens in 07 and ZERO sacks huh? Verry fitting. You have proven that the sack problem exists for ONE reason. BEN ROTHLISBERGER. Its funny NO ONE addressed Bens stats vs an elite Defense his WHOLE career. NOW you know why he doesnt play well in Super Bowls. Its usually vs a good defense.

Backup

User Info Menu

BTW. does ben play play defense? It was a blowout (mor then 10 point lead in the 4th quarter)

Question for ya. How many teams have given up a lead of more then 10 points in Sthe 4th qr of SB

Again. Eli put up only 10 points vs NE's defense up until the last drive. Is that 'elite'

Why wasn't that game a blowout forthr giants considering they had kept the highest scoring offense in nfl history to 14 points
    How many qbs are handed a THREE possesson lead and then LOSE IT. Thats the bigger question.

Backup

User Info Menu

Because Eli didnt play his best. Eli played mediocre. I never said he played great. He is in the same boat as Ben. I'm very consistent. Unlike you guys

Ben losses a lead and you blame the defense. Eli losses a lead and you blame Eli. You blame Brady or Peyton for the pick 6. When Ben did the same thing vs the Broncos, you blame the Defense.

Sheer Hypocrisy.

Backup

User Info Menu

NO, its not elite. But Eli has beaten the Pats TWICE in the SB. Brady kills Ben head to head. Eli is elite because of his mind and HE is the primary reason why the Giants are good. Plaxico played with both of them. Please look at the stats. One year a piece.

2005 New York Giants 16 Games 76 Rec 1,214 Yards 16.0 avg 75.9 Yards/G 78T Long 7 TD 20+ 5 40+ 49 1st 1 Fumble

2004 Pittsburgh Steelers 11 Games 35 Rec 698 Yards 19.9 avb 63.5 Yards/G 48 Long 5 TD 13+ 4 40+ 311st 1 Fumble

Instead of using the Big target Ben went primarily to Hines. Except the Pats game (04). Ben was great that game and so was the offense

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    There was neither "hating" on my part nor a "sound intelligent football answer" on your part...and you know this...

If you want an example of a "sound intelligent football answer", please feel free to reread Eni's excellent posts...
    Why would I address ONE GAME? I chronicled NINE YEARS of games. You're impressed by a breakdown of ONE game vs OVER 100?? LOL

Why dont you take your pom poms over to Eni's and help come up with an adequate EXCUSE for these mediocre stats. And we pay Ben Roethlisberger 100 Million and the guy has thrown for 30 TD passes ONCE in his career. When the defense falters can we lean on our Qb? See 2009.